ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default does this kind of thing count towards custody battle?

my SIL is going through a very nasty divorce i have posted previously about what a evil man her ex husband is and how he tricked us all.

some chick he was with recently found my SIL and told her about something disturbing going on in the house he is living in atm-apparently it got raided and there was something that could endanger children in particular (dont wanna put it here in case i upset someone who has had experience with this kind of thing)

and my SIL is pretty darn furuios that the police didnt tell her about it because its kind of important when it comes to a custody battle that her children are in that environment-but her solicitor has said that because it may not be him then he could still get custody and have them there

does that make sence??? does it sound right to you??
    i get that its heresay in court because she doesnt have the proof but *if the house did get raided and *if this stuff was found-the cops would have had to tell her right?????

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have thought that the police are allowed to discuss that with someone else iykwim... Your SIL could always get an Affidavit from that lady about what was in the house or if he was busted with something he shouldn't have had, hopefully he was charged and she should be able to use that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Was it illegal? Is yes he would have been charged and you and use that info. I was also going to say what PP said.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well this is the thing, i dont think anyone was charged because it would have been anyone in the house...i wish i could elaborate but i think it may upset some people.

she had a court date yesterday because he breached his dvo and i got a bad feeling that the chick was just saying this to stir her up so she went beserk in court-she didnt thank god but yeh i dunno just seems like a very important thing to tell the mother of the child that may end up living there.

because what would happen if something happened to her DD in care and then it came out that the cops knew and didnt do anything about it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think you will find the police wouldn't say anything and absolutly not if he wasn't even charged with anything. This "other woman" be be generally concerend about SILs child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would have assumed it would be VERY important but who can tell with our silly custody and support laws. Sometimes these things really make me wonder who they are trying to protect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary View Post
    I would have assumed it would be VERY important but who can tell with our silly custody and support laws. Sometimes these things really make me wonder who they are trying to protect.
    I agree. The problem is there isn't enough talk between government agencies. So alot of important info gets "lost".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    having experience with an ex and police, they are not obligated to tell you anything. Unless it Involves a situation you are directly involved in. The police do not involve themselves in family law so no matter what dealings they have with her ex. They will not tell her anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would definitely use it against him in court.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    unless the children are in a house when something happens it is unlikely to affect anything unfortunately. i personally know a man who is a drug addict with a huge criminal record and his ex is just as bad, his ex went to jail and the father won custody of the child over a decent family member. in my case my ex husband was charged with the sexual assult of 5 women over a 4 month period and i was not told. i found out when i saw him on the front page of the paper. he also won unsupervised overnight visits with his children.
    unfortunately there are many things we would like to protect our kids from but i think the family law is a joke and puts many children at risk.