ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sariele....thanks for your congrats. Yes, I know they like to wait 2 days for the next test, to see if it's doubling, but that would have been today (Sun) and they were only going to have important tests. I couldn't hold out anymore, so went and bought another box of HPTs, and checked this morning (17dpo) to make sure I was still pregnant, which I am. I'm hoping that I can make it more than two days before peeing on the next stick, otherwise I'm going to become an addict!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I am new to this thread my husband has high FSH 25.5, LH 10.4 and Testo 187 and FNA sample 1 from each side show Sertoli cell only with occasional lydieg cells.
    Does anyone have the same issue and is it worth doing MTESE
    Thanks,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @RAM1980: I am sorry to hear. head over to the azoospermia thread. They are many ladies there who can provide support and help. I am one of the unfortunate lady. Husband did mTESE. My personal opinion is yes. It is worth doing the mTESE because it is once and for all surgery. If there is nothing found, at least you know you have tried your best and can move on to the next step. I do know some who didn't do mTESE and went straight to donor sperm. But that's personal choice and only you and DH can decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, Has anyone had testicular sperm retrieval done by Dr Shannon Kim at Westmead Private? I'm keen to know approx costs and how it went for your hubby? Or used another Doc out that way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in WA so Perth couples only please.

My hubby has a sperm sample that has been frozen. He asked to donate it but the clinic only do annonemous donor, and that to do that he must help a large number of families. He just wants to use up what is there, to give others a chance for a baby that we didn’t get - not produce 23 samples which is what the clinic have requested.

We want no part in raising kids or anything else, just don’t want clinic to not throw out a sample that someone can use.

If anyone is looking for a “known donor” please private message me with a little about yourselves so we can decide if you are someone we are comfortable donating to. Once successfully at 3months gestation we would want the sperm back to offer the same to another family.

Please don’t think I am being insensitive but this will be subject to the following:

1. You will need to pay any costs associated with hubbys testing, legal fees if required, costs associated with raising your child/ren and for all his/our medical costs to donate to you (not what we already paid as that was for us and all been settled years ago).

2. That any child belongs to you and all we know is birth date, weight and sex of baby, then no more contact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T1gger View Post
    We are in WA so Perth couples only please.

My hubby has a sperm sample that has been frozen. He asked to donate it but the clinic only do annonemous donor, and that to do that he must help a large number of families. He just wants to use up what is there, to give others a chance for a baby that we didn’t get - not produce 23 samples which is what the clinic have requested.

We want no part in raising kids or anything else, just don’t want clinic to not throw out a sample that someone can use.

If anyone is looking for a “known donor” please private message me with a little about yourselves so we can decide if you are someone we are comfortable donating to. Once successfully at 3months gestation we would want the sperm back to offer the same to another family.

Please don’t think I am being insensitive but this will be subject to the following:

1. You will need to pay any costs associated with hubbys testing, legal fees if required, costs associated with raising your child/ren and for all his/our medical costs to donate to you (not what we already paid as that was for us and all been settled years ago).

2. That any child belongs to you and all we know is birth date, weight and sex of baby, then no more contact.
    While thus is a kind offer to make, known donation can be complicated, especially with someone you barely know. Eg who goes on the birth certificate, etc?

I think that even for a known donor the clinic will want more than one vial, too.

Unfortunately, it may be best to discard the sample.