+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I think i might have PND

DD will be 6 months in a few days and i have returned to work about a month ago (a new job) and things are so hard. All i have done for the past few weeks is cry

I want to work but dont want to go. I love DD but cant do anything with her as its all too hard.

She has been sick for the last 3 weeks and in the past week she has had the runs, and spewing a lot. We have had 3 hospital visits in 10 days.

Im having trouble working, cleaning the house, cooking tea, being a mother and a wife.

All i want to do is cry and sleep.

I am really not coping and dont how to. DH works so much i feel guilty asking him for help, i feel guilty for putting DD in childcare so i can work and then i feel guilty for working and just want to be home.

I cant be bothered to eat during the day and i sturggle to eat dinner.

Could this be PND? After talking with my bestie this morning i think i might be.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Sorry I can't really help with your question, I woudl go talk to your local nurse or a friendly GP. If your DD has been sick it is likely you have it too, maybe that is not helping the situation. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate and you are generally exhausted and run down.

I hope that helps you in some way. Be nice to yourself, take some sick leave, make an appointment with your nurse or GP and go from there.

One thing I have learned when my kids are sick, it feels like they have always been sick and that it has ALWAYS been this hard. I'm not saying you don't or do have PND, but if you are having a hard time, you cn certainly find someone to help you. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I suffered PND for about a year.. bit longer.. what you described does sound alot like PND.. wanting to cry all the time, depressed feeling all the time, nothing makes you happy much anymore, no appetite DEFINATELY rings a bell and if you look up PND on the net you'll see what I mean.

I see youre TTC.. do you think youre TTC to maybe cover up the pain/depression/helplessness you could be feeling? Im not suggesting that is the case, just a question thats all....

To help move past my PND I went to my GP got a 'mental health plan' which then allowed me 6 subsidised visits to a pyschologist.. she was great, she really helped me think through a few things.. and over time it eased up. I highly recommend going and getting a referal from a GP you trust, one who isnt going to just brush you off.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds as though it could be... Go see someone about it, and if so, get a plan in place to help you recover.

I've had PND 3 times now... it's awful. Great when you get through it though.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you need to talk to someone, your story sounds like mine (the crying and not eating and wanting to sleep all the time) here is the beyond blue website, you might find it useful http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=94

Try and talk to your partner, I know mine didn't understand but once I talked with him he was a lot more on board

Go Gently xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i went to my GP yesterday and he agrees that it is PND. I have another appt today to do a care plan and organise the counselling sessions.

Im also going to talk to my work today about reducing to 2 days a week, if not then ill walk away.

I spoke to my DH last night and he is very supportive and had been thinking it too but didnt know how to say anything. We have also decided not to have another baby just yet.

I need to get better first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awwww hun
    It's so difficult juggling it all sometimes isn't it. My heart goes out to you. Well done for speaking up about it, I was like you I just spent so much time in tears and feeling helpless with my situation.
    I spoke to somebody about PND and instantly the weight lifted off my shoulders, I think even just seeing my doctor and child health nurse made a world of difference.
    Make sure you're doing things for yourself aswell, as hard as it is to find time to do that!
    Hang in there, it's great you are aware of how you're feeling and trying to get ontop of it, I think that's a great sign that you can get through this!

Keep talking to your DP about it, it's great he's supportive, DP really helped me push through those dark days. You'll get there, you're doing a great job