+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Flying with a 5 month old. Any tips/advice??

Hi everybody,

We are about to take our 5 month old son on his first plane trip to Melbourne (wish the circumstances were better) but anyway just wondering if anyone else has taken their bubs on a flight and how they went. If anyone's got any tips or advise it would be great since I'm not sure how Ethan will go and how baby's normally react to the whole taking off and landing thing. Thanks

Kasey

razzle is offline FORUM MANAGER~ Always watching...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi Kasey

This has been discussed in great detail on another thread - flying with bub

Hope this helps!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks for your help. I'm sure there will be helpful info on there.

Kasey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some quick tips which I am sure are already covered include feeding (breast or bottle) on take off and landing, making sure that you have at least one full change of clothes in your nappy bag (nothing worse than a leaky nappy at 10,000 feet!) and using a pouch like a baby bjorn to carry him on and off the plane so that your hands are free for luggage, the bulging nappy bag and the ticket you need to produce to get on the plane. And ask if they can put an empty seat next to you - that way you don't have to hold him the whole time - I have put my sleeping baby down on an empty seat and eaten a meal on a plane which felt most luxurious I can tell you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Theresa,

I had read that. I was going to try and get a vacant seat next to us anyway. Well since my partner will be with us, I think it will be shared duties!! Thanks for your advice, fingers crossed it all goes well.

Kasey