+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question anyone track their basal temperature?

I have just started the last few days every morning, as I am curious as to when exactly I am ovulating and this is mean to help narrow it down.

Does anyone do it and do they find it helpful?

If you did fall pregnany while doing this, how many cycles did it take?

Thanks

Roxy xo
    [IMG]http://m1.*******.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We did this last month and fell preg but it ended in a m/c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Roxy - heaps of ladies here track their temperatures using Fertility Friend. But I would caution against trying to use temping to help you conceive. It is useful for getting a good idea about your cycles, and confirming that you have actually ovulated, but it will not tell you ahead of time when the best time to BD is. When your temperature rises, it is too late to conceive. OPKs and CM are better ways to give you advance warning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been a dedicated temper and charter for quite a few years now!

It's invaluable knowledge to have about your body, whether trying to get pregnant or not - I have used it to get pregnant, avoid getting pregnant, and help identify when there might be a problem with my cycle.
    Can't rave about it enough!
    My first dd was a happy accident so even though I was charting, I wasn't trying to get pregnant - I just happened to have an "off month" where I ovulated a week earlier than normal and oops DD!
    This bub we were trying and he was conceived first go.
    Also used it to conceive last year (sadly m/c) and we got it second month of trying.
    Knowing when you O makes TTC much quicker and easier. Also agree though that if using it to get pregnant you definitely need some idea of CM changes so you can see when ovulation is coming ahead of time. Once it happens the egg only lives for 12-24 hours so you can easily miss it if temping alone (since the temp rise doesn't occur until the egg is released).
    Good luck with it!