+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Losing everyone around me, need advice please...

Hi, I am just after some advice really and to see if this happens with other women out there.

I notice that for the 1-2 weeks before I get my AF I am moody, depressed, flat and very snappy- with my kids and DH. I am finding it getting worse every month and I am not sure what I can do to help it? I have started telling DH that I dont like him and question our marriage and even think about leaving him!! Then 2 days after AF has arrived (today) I think WTF was I thinking?? It has been like this for about 4 years (since having kids really). I am scared I will do something I will regret (mentioned above). I have already pushed my family and friends away completely.

What could be the problem? Besides being a moody cow lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To you. It sounds like a trip to the gp is the way to go. It may be worth getting you hormone levels checked. Maybe a touch of pnd? Sounds like you have a very patient, loving DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kris* View Post
    To you. It sounds like a trip to the gp is the way to go. It may be worth getting you hormone levels checked. Maybe a touch of pnd? Sounds like you have a very patient, loving DH.
    Thanks for your reply Kris. Yes I do think I need to go to the GP, it is just so hard when I have a handful of a 4 year old (waiting times around here is 1.5 hours plus) and DH working 6+ days a week and doesnt get home til after 9pm every day. And no babysitters as I have pushed family away. I do have a patient loving DH, I am very lucky that he still loves me and hasnt wanted to leave himself. Im frightened that may change though .

Thanks
    Reviews
    How freaky, I could have written this myself! I am also very emotional and cry with any sad stories especally onesinvolving children.
    I am also on my second day and everything is starting to settle, except for the crying. I also am scared I will do or say something I will regret. I constantly think of divorce.

I have only been this bad since having the last bubba, nearly 7 months ago

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also have intense mood swings, related to PMS. After speaking to my GP about it he recommended giving anti-depressants a try. Due to bad experiences in the past I gave the meds a miss, and did a bit of research on what can alleviate the moods.
    For myself, I find being INCREDIBLY strict on 30 minutes OUTDOOR exercise daily is really, really helpful. I know that can be pretty hard to fit into a packed busy day, but it does wonders for my brain.
    Also having time to myself is probably a beneficial part of it.
    I know this might not help much but wanted to share my own side of this with you, as I do know how severe the mood swings can be and how out of control they can feel.
    Best of luck getting this under control x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    sounds like you might have pre menstural dysphoric disorder (pmdd) google it you will find heaps of info. There is a book by Maryon Stewart called "Beat PMT through diet" which is interesting and worth a read. I also agree with the daily outdoor exercise being an amazing help, Drs will offer you anti depressants... have a look into pmdd and see if its you.
    Oh, you might want to consider taking evening primrose oil too.
    hope you find something to help you.

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    I know it probably sounds to SIMPLE.... But get yourself a good Vitamin B tablet.

I really notice that if Im taking my B's my moods even out so much more.