ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Money makes paying for things easier. It is great in terms of giving you more time - if you didnt have to work, you'd have more time for family etc. Money can be a wonderful blessing but it comes with responsibilities.

It can also make relationships harder. A lot of people have issues around money, and if you have a lot of it some people place new expectations on you.

I know a wealthy guy who actually had his brother say to him "If you don't give me 10k I will not consider you to be my brother anymore" Money can make people greedy and ugly. (Hi BK )

The other reason money does not = happiness is that money can not cure cancer. Money cannot relieve depression, or stop someone from killing themselves. It can help in these difficult situations but pain is pain, and we all suffer in life - no matter what our bank balance is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzaaa View Post
    Money doesn't make you healthier, happier, more loved, more generous or anything else.
    Exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No it doesnt but more money makes life a little easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The three guys suing each other over how many millions of a lottery ticket they bought together is a fine example of money not buying happiness!

I bet they'd all be a whole lot happier if they never won that ticket! (though, how happy could they have been to begin with?)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I had the money I did before I would be very happy. After having money and the ability to not worry if you can afford food when big bills come in it is missed.

I do think it would being me happiness as I had so many dreams I will never achieve as I no longer have the same earning potential I once did.

I use to say oh money means nothing I could be happy without... until I had none and had to worry about how I was going to afford things made me stressed and very unhappy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Money would certainly bring happiness to this family if we had it!
    I guess there is money...then there in MONEY. Greed is a bad thing, but having enough money to be able to enjoy life would be nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    money can turn people into real idiots, but i dont think thats the case for everyone.

surely its possible to be rich and happy. to be able to go on fantastic family holidays that will create wonderfuly memories for their kids. to not hafto worry about their car breaking down because they wouldnt be able to afford the repairs, to be able to pay the bills and that not meaning they hafto miss out on buying clothes for their for the next few months etc.

i think the negativity surrounding wealth is a bit over the top.

for me an easier life is a happier one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Money cannot buy happiness, but it can buy peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post
    money can turn people into real idiots, but i dont think thats the case for everyone.

surely its possible to be rich and happy. to be able to go on fantastic family holidays that will create wonderfuly memories for their kids. to not hafto worry about their car breaking down because they wouldnt be able to afford the repairs, to be able to pay the bills and that not meaning they hafto miss out on buying clothes for their for the next few months etc.

i think the negativity surrounding wealth is a bit over the top.

for me an easier life is a happier one.
    I think thats all true too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RebekahLeigh View Post
    I think money can buy happiness for sure. Being stress free financially and knowing the bills will be paid etc makes people happy.

I think the whole "money cant buy happiness" idea means that it cant fix all your problems. Like some rich people who are in an unhappy marriage...obviously money didnt make them happier in their relationship.

Thats true but doesn't money give them the freedom to leave a relationship giving them the opportunity for happiness???