+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default why doesnt money bring happiness?

people say you cant buy happyness, that money doesnt equal happyness... etc etc

i dont understand these statements!

cause having money and not being as poor as i am right now, would make me very happy. to not hafto stress about debt and if we will have enough money to pay the ever rising energy bill...and so on...

so...for the people who believe the above statememnts can u explain it please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I guess you just have to look at all the messed up celebrities out there to see it doesn't necessarily make you happy.

It would make my life a heck of a lot easier!!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I think it just means with more money comes more stress... different types of stress.

I dunno, I've never had a lot of money!

Happiness is a subjective thing, though

ETA: And sorry.. I fixed your title, I couldn't stand it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think money would relieve the stress that those of us without money experience. But it would come with it's own problems too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't consider myself poor but there are loads of things I would want to buy if I had the money (luxuries not neccessities) and well I don't think they would make my life any happier mmaybe easier. I think happiness can bring short term superficial happiness but not long term and it may cause even more troubles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always say money doesn't buy happiness -but it definatly makes life easier!
    And it's one of those things the more you have, the more you spend and the more you want!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think money would relieve the stress that those of us without money experience. But it would come with it's own problems too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it has a lot to do with what values money brings to a person, rather than its actual use.
    Those with a lot of money tend to not value what they have, family, friend and property wise. Its all replaceable to them.
    Those with not so much money value what they do have, and can appreciate what they have a lot more.
    Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think being middle of the road is the best way to be, have enough money to pay the bills, a bit extra to go to the movies, or go out to dinner once in a while, and to have some money in the bank just for a rainy day, is the best way to go. You don't stress about when the next pay cheque is going to clear, but you also don't let it go to your head.

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    with missie_mack!

I would be less stressed with more money, so essentially at the moment, money might buy me happiness....BUT that is because I love my husband, my kids (I could afford a nanny to help - lol) and my life (generally ) so money would be like the icing on the cake to complete the picture so to speak. An un-iced cake however can still be deceptively delicious, but the icing on it's own is nice for a bit, but won't sustain you for long - so if you just have the icing - it won't bring you happiness, you need the other stuff more than you need money!