+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Working 1 day a week for the next 6 weeks

Just thought I'd let everyone know in here that I was offered full time for 6 weeks but when I told the employer the situation with after school care she said she'll still have me just for the Friday. It's better than nothing and I know it's something to be happy about, but I'm also feeling quite bitter about turning down 6 weeks worth of full time work because DD doesn't have access to after school care. I feel like ringing Centrelink and abusing them for trying to force mothers back to work but at the same time NOT providing the childcare needed for people to return to work. I'm happy and willing to work, I have no qualms about working, did it for years before having a baby and did it for 5 years of her life as well yet the same people who are saying we all MUST work are the ones making it difficult by not providing the care that our children need.

But yeah that work starts this week, woohoo hey.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Congrats babe thats great, yerp it sucks you cant do the full time work because of car issues, but dont let that spoil the positive side of having some work

YAY for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amy. now to get the anxiety under control to make it possible to go to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    huge congrats on even just the one day of work each week. i hope some more daycare/ ASC becomes available for you soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, congrats on the one day, maybe some care will pop up quicker than you expect and you'll get more work.

I know you have tried the family day care thing, but what about a mum from school, are you friendly with any of them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thats great news and at least everything you earn for that day will be yours, and you never know maybe it could turn into more work, once she sees how good you are she may just offer you the times you can do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, the hypocrisy of our govt is so very annoying...provide sufficient funding for childcare services, paid maternity leave NOW for the 6-12 months they have in more civilized parts of the world, and THEN Australia's female workforce participation, breastfeeding and birth rates that you are always preaching about may improve.

Congratulations on the job though, at least this employer has shown some compassion and hopefully restored some of your faith in the workforce. It will be something to add to your resume when you finally secure after school care. Have you looked into doing like a swap type care arrangement with another mother?