+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    JellybeanInc is offline Ready and waiting for the learning curve
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs!! I was in exactly the same predicament as you, except that I'm in Tom Price, so had to travel to Perth for weeks at a time every cycle. There is no way to hold down a full time job when you live up here in the Pilbara while trying to do IVF. It's not worth the stress and drama.

I did work casually for a few months, for a great boss who was really understanding. I was able to work the hours I wanted and could take the time off I needed for IVF when it was that time again. Unfortunately (for me!) they won a huge contract and needed to hire 2 x full time staff, instead of me and my casual hours. After that DH and I decided that we'd focus fully on the IVF for a while, and not try and squeeze a job and all in. Too stressful.

I really hope when you get to Karratha you can find a good, flexible boss who might be able to work with you. They are out there!! Sending baby dust your way! xxoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess we are lucky as well with DH and his boss as he works shift work so we can 'sorta' try and make appointments on the days he is off....

He also works for a big company where he isnt the only one who can do his jobs so taking a day off isn't really a big issue for. He also has RDO's but they aren't rostered so he can apply to take one when needed.

As for me now I'm part-time I find asking for time off harder. But I have also told my boss we are heading down the IVF path and so if I need to take time off I hope there wont be too much of an issue....but he is a little unpredictable. My team mates are great and I know wont have a problem with it so i have support there...and the boss will just be 'peeved' he cant really do anything about it.

belizeli, I'm sorry you are so down and I hope you get some good news today

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have quit work for the last 6 months and am finding it stressing, boring, not to mention savings account going down to no end. My work on ships will not allow me to do IVF as I have to fly in and out to WA from Tasmania. I know I am not the only one to find not working hard. Thanks for starting this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im glad im not the only one with the work issues so im glad im started this thread.
    It sounds great to people that we are not working but its not all its cracked up to be. For starters it does get boring at times (although i am grateful that i dont have to work right now) and like you said the savings account is dwindling away to nothing.
    I really would love to work if i could find something that would fit in with the ivf but so far havent been able to. I just hope we all get UTD soon and can focus on building our families and then getting the savings back in order at some stage. We were saving for a house but now only have around $5000 left, its all being used up for IVF. If only it wasnt so expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As of today I'm seriously thinking about getting my hours changed. Yes, I know only a few days ago I was gushing about having a wonderful boss etc etc. But I've had the past 2 days off (Tuesday was for my HSG, and today I had my uni exam - I'm a nursing student). So I was cramming today to prep for the exam and decided to check my work emails to make sure all was ok. I find an email from my boss's boss, having a go at me over a very petty matter. He knows that I'm a uni student, and also that DH & I are having to do AC, so he was aware of why I was away from work. It just really made me wanna go because other than it being petty, it could have easily waited until tomorrow when I'm back at work and he could have spoken to me about it face to face, rather than take the cowards way out and email me on my day off. So, now I'm thinking about asking for altered hours - still work the same amount, but start 1hr earlier each day and then take TOIL to make it a 9 day fortnight for me. I know its only one day, but I think it would be good.

So, off to the drawing board with that one to think about the pros and cons of the idea