+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default what does everyone carry in their bag with a newborn and toddler in tow?

I am bag CRAZY, I have tonnes of bags, yet none of them do what i want

When DS was born I had my handbag, with wallet, phone sunnies maybe some hair accessoris and a proper nappy bag FULL of everything i thought id need that day for DS.. then over time i got sick of carrying everything, so I got a billabong leather bag with a long shoulder strap and carried the minimum for DS and my stuff... but that bag just broke the handle so now i have one of my small handbags that barely fits my junk and a backpack for DS... but with bub nearly here, ill need something else now? but i dont like nappy bags, i want a handbag thats big enough for everything, or do i? i dont know if i want to carry a heap of stuff around all the time? lol

what do you guys put in your bags and whats easy to lugg around all day??

this is one of those posts my DH would say "no ones going to read that, if they do they'll want their 5 mins of their life back!" lol but i hope there are other bag nuts like me out that that understand haha

aim

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not a bag nut lol but i've got a 2 year old and a 7.5 month old so i had a newborn/toddler at one point and the biggest things i carry are nappies and wipes! and lots of them lol, probably a blanket, dd1's drink bottle and a couple of snacks for her, it was bliss before i stopped breastfeeding but since switching to bottles, it's always the formula/bottles too I find they take up the most room in my bag. I have one of those OiOi nappy bags, find them great. Mine is getting pretty worn now!

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Between my handbag and Nappy bag vI have EVERYTHING I could ever need ranging from sticky tape, pins, tissues, hair brush, vicks baby balsom, suncream, talc, arnica ointment, Spare change of clothes for all 3 kids and a spare top for me...
    You name it I've got it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aimee!

I had this same dilemma, but now i just have my handbag for myself and a sort of kiddy style bag with a strap full of nappies etc that goes in the bottom of the pram, or over my shoulder if i have the baby in a carrier.

It annoys me carrying the extra bag though so I usually take the pram now lol

I find i don't really need to take out much for my boy now though (he's 2.5). So if it's just him, one nappy and wipes get shoved into my bag. For baby, nappy/clothes change/bottle. Those insulated bottle carrier things are very fabulous to hang on the pram as well if you are bottle-feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont have a newborn yet but will soon so cant wait to hear tips!
    Atm i Take DD drink bottle and a few nibbleys for her and 3nappys and a pack of wipes, i also always have 5nappys in the boot of the car as back up but i dont think it would be that much more, extra couple of nappys and if im not breastfeeding take bottles and container with formula,maybe a rug and dummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one of the Oi Oi Hobo Sacks too, and I love it!! It is huge - what dont I put in it! Before DS2 came along I was happy with a nappy and a couple of wipes for DS1, but one toilet trained I am also now having to make sure I have a change of clothes for him aswell as DS2, food, drink for us both, toy, blanket, wallet... and probably heaps I don't need but I take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a nappybag at target and its been pretty good. Better than the cheap one I bought at Spotlight

Its nice and big and has built-in bottle cooler and many many pockets for all those little things like spare socks, mittens, comb, brush, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only have a couple of nappies for each, a muesli bar/ piece fruit and a sippy cup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has reflux, so I carry 2 sets of extra clothes for him and a clean shirt for me. 3 MCN nappies, box of wipes, my wallet, mobile, keys, sunnies, some small toys, extra socks, towel for burping, a muslin wrap and a bottle. Reading this, I might just start packing his whole cupboard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    DS has reflux, so I carry 2 sets of extra clothes for him and a clean shirt for me. 3 MCN nappies, box of wipes, my wallet, mobile, keys, sunnies, some small toys, extra socks, towel for burping, a muslin wrap and a bottle. Reading this, I might just start packing his whole cupboard
    My DS2 too, reflux that is... so yes i totally understand the extra clothes for you both, as well as emergency medications etc etc... we use clothe too, take up much more room and can't exactly chuck them when their dirty!