+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    That's 10 years away.
    youngsters pffft *shakes walking stick*

In response to am I where I thought I would be, well that would depend on when you asked me. Did I think I would be pregnant at 40? Nope, not really. My life took a massive change in direction in my early 30s (marriage break up). I never wanted to have children in my 20s, always assumed early 30s but it's a bit problematic if you're in a bad marriage and then divorced. I never really had huge career dreams, just a job that kept me stimulated and challenged which I have. I had hoped to start buying a house before I was 36 but again, my exH didn't want to buy a house so not much I could do there. I have travelled to many places though which was always a big dream of mine. I've been to some of the world's most beautiful places including sitting on a gondola in Venice with big black sunglasses on so I could pretend I was Sofia Loren, going to the Opera in Verona in a Roman arena, seeing the sites of Paris, driving around the countryside of Germany, running across the Yorkshire moors shouting for Heathcliff, snorking the great barrier reef, driving over the simpson desert, seeing the Grand Canyon and so many more.

As my Dad once said to me, birthday's are nothing, you're only one day older than what you were yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hmm, 40- that's a tough one as most of my life goals revolve around when I'm 30 or so.

Well, DS will be 21. I hope to have another child in the next 2 years or so, so I'd possibly have a 16yo at that stage. I hope to have finished my degree and post grad some 10 years ago and have been working school only hours or running my own business successfully for approx 10 years or so and continuing to do so for at least another 5 years or so until my youngest finishes school.
    I hope DS at that stage will be travelling and seeing the world or at Uni studying his passion.

I hope to be married, be living in a house and have a couple of investment propeties- going on regular holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Life at 40....

3 happy and healthy teenage children (13, 14 and 15).

Hubby retired and living off investments, in our dream house (already have the plans ) on the beach in north Queensland.

Baby sitting my younger brother and sisters babies

Taking the kids on an overseas holiday once a year, and also a holiday for me and hubby as well.

Fit and healthy competing in figure & fitness competitions.

Competing in triathlons.

Coaching gymnastics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    By 40 I want..

...to be living where I want to live.
    ...to be doing what I want to do.
    ...to be healthy.
    ...to be happy.

All of my current 'goals' only have a timeline for the next 5 years or so, and beyond that I have not really thought that far ahead. I just want to focus on now, and see what my options are in the future and then readjust my planning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny, the younger ones have visions of paid off houses, husbands near retirement and living very comfortably, whereas those that are already 40 seem to suggest that this isn't the reality

I predict we'll be doing what we're doing now but with older kids. It should be fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Reitred at 40!!!!

In my dreams LOL

Well it certainly didn't turn out as I'd expected that's for sure

I was always the one, no kids, no kids!

Now look at me!

Life usually never turns out how you planned it.

I just take each day as it comes, and I'm very lucky that I'm happy healthy, have a wonderful partner (sometimes ) and a beautiful baby boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    40 was quite awhile ago for me, so I'll answer in hindsight

When I was 18 I thought I'd have kids, they'd be young adults and I'd be travelling - pfft

When I was 25 I didn't expect to see 30 much less 40

When I was 30 I just hoped I'd have kids and some peace in my life

When I was 35 I was hoping I'd still have a second child, and a second house

By the time I was 40 I'd had two kids, had two houses and was wondering why I'd bothered... well not quite but nearly

I am now hoping to have our house finished by the time I am 45 or at least 50, I am hoping the kids will be fairly self sufficent by the time I am 50 and I hope to have seen a fair bit more of Australia. I plan to have my diploma in Building admin finished and maybe an accounting degree also before 50

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Working (not sure what doing), have a better house than this cr@p one. Not sure if I'd be with Grant or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In 1996 My whole Life changed I met my Dh ,
    when I was 20 and we fell in love and wanted to get married so during the plans I turned 21 and fell pregnant ,

I loved our wedding ,
    I will be 35 in 4 weeks time and I have a 13 year old Dd ,
    a 10 year old Dd and 3 year old Little man
    I really have no plans I hope to be happy and healthy , and just want to watch my children grow up ,
    it's sad to know that one day there will be no more kid noise in my house , LINK
    and I hope to still be in Love with my Dh he can still take my breath away when he walks into a room ,
    the way I deal with stress or anything on my mind is
    Sometimes I go to the beach and looking out at such a wonderful view showing how HUGE the world is ,
    I Love when the breeze brushes against my face and Whispers in my ears ,
    I breathe in and out ,
    I feel at one with the Earth ,
    I really take Life in I Love my Life .

I hope when I'm 40 there's just laugh lines on my face .
    Last edited by Ruby Slippers; 12-04-2010 at 12:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My gosh!! 40!! I'm scared about 30!!

I see myself perhaps with one more child, working close to full-time, living in our dream home & with one investment property & being happily married to my current DF for 14 years!!

Boring aren't I?!