+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope I will be finally free of my ex and his abuse (12 years away so might happen)

I will have 2 teenagers in the house so hopefully will have a happy peacefull home (no grandkids thankyou!!)

I guess the main one is I hope by that stage I am not struggling financially - I don't need to be rich, I don't need to own a home - I just need to not be living week to week.

Hopefully I will have an amazing man in my life by that stage but I am not holding my breath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To Bec and Morri - are you anywhere near where you thought you'd end up?

Yeah I know chrysalis. It's funny how we plan one thing and it turns out completely different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by An Chen View Post
    To Bec and Morri - are you anywhere near where you thought you'd end up?

Yeah I know chrysalis. It's funny how we plan one thing and it turns out completely different!
    absolutely not. I always imagined my life by now would be relatively financially stress free.

I never imagined I would be overcoming emotional hurtles like I have to right now.

Nor did I imagine having a 1 year old ..

to be honest I cant say i thought too much about what i would be when i was 40 at an early age.. i tend to live in the now.

but i am a tad disappointed things are so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I imagined I'd be working in my original career, living in the city, with my soulmate, have no kids and be travelling a lot in my time off (or have my own free-lance business and be pretty nomadic). I never imagined kids in my life at all.

I'm now a sole parent of twins, sahm, living on the north coast and enjoying (mostly ... ) domesticity

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 43 so will post my thoughts of what life would be like for me at 40 when I was 25.

House paid off. Still married to the love of my life. Not working as I would be in a good place financially. My husband earned great money as did I so I thought we would be set for life. Two kids about 9 and 8 year olds.

The reality.
    No kids. Separated but not divorced as he had to instigate it to get it free and I would not pay for it. New house but as I had been out of the property market between partners it was smaller and a bigger mortgage. New partner who was 17 years younger than me. Step mum to his daughter. Working full time cos I had to and still ttcing number one which I initially started at 28. Both parents have cancer and things dont look good.

Life at almost 44. Single mum of one. Still have the house. Working part time cos I have to. My parents are still alive and doing well. Just had to add that I finally got my divorce when I got a health care card and could get it for free. Yay.

I will not even put any thought to life at 50 as life is way too unpredictable for that.
    Last edited by Amara; 11-04-2010 at 13:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its 17 years away for me.

Umm I hope to have the house somewhat paid off or close to be paid off, have my own business, DP to still have his own thing, but he will not be doing any actual work, just finding it and overseeing it.

I plan on having all 3 kids made by the time I am 25, so by the time I am 40 Lucas will be 21, this one will be 17 and number 3 will hopefully be around 15.

DP and I will be partying Im not even joking, we will hopefully have alot of dinner parties and BBQs and go away on weekends with and without the kids. I want to take all the kids over to Europe for 6 months at this time so they can see all their Portuguese heritage.

Whether or not it goes to plan is another thing, I know all sort of obstacles can pop up but its nice to have hope

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 40,my kids will be 19 and 16
    And hopefully will be making the move out of home soonish!!
    I would like to have a couple of investment properties behind me that I have renovated,and be working as a interior designer.
    And have been on many tropical holidays
    Hopefully no grandkids by that stage!!I dont wanna be a granny before 45

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RebekahLeigh View Post
    DP and I will be partying
    Me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I dont wanna be a granny before 45
    Yeah but my eldest at my 41 will be the same age as your eldest at 45. Hence why I'm not that against being a 40-year-old granny not at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Well, in 8 years time, my kids will be 18, 14, 11, 9 and 7 and I figure we will be doing much the same as we are now which is fine by me. We don't have any financial goals. It would be nice to have moved to a larger property though. I hope to be well established in some kind of volunteer welfare work.