+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Best tasting weight loss shakes and how effective were they?

I'm thinking of trying weight loss shakes for brekkie and lunch for a couple of weeks partly because of ease and speed (DH will be away and I'm on my own with a sick newborn and toddler) and also to get some better weight loss than I'm currently achieving. I'm not worried about milk supply as I have too much.

Which shakes taste the best? How much weight did you lose having them for 2 meals a day with a healthy dinner?

TIA

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Cambridge Diet shakes/soups taste the best and they have the most variety I think I lost about 5-6kgs in 2 weeks but wasn't a good long term solution for me

I am BFing and had to go on optifast prior to gastric banding surgery and my milk supply did decrease. My son is almost 2, and was 15 months at time of surgery. I would be reluctant to use any of these products if my DS had been exclusively breastfed. Doctors Do advise against it so I would speak to your GP before going ahead with any of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wouldn't go on any sort of diet like that while exclusive B/F i will be going on a certain one once i'm finished feeding totally DS is nearly 16 months now, they not only do the shakes in 3 real tasting flavors but also snack bars, and vitamin and mineral supplements that i totally trust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    As the others have said, if you're breastfeeding, then it's really not recommended. Usually, shakes diets are very low calorie and also low carb - meaning there's no way in heck you'll get enough for both you and bub.

I have tried a few different shakes, but I must say I've found NONE of them to be enjoyable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. I wrongly thought these shakes were protein drinks that replaced what you needed for a meal which would be great on some of my busier days, plus stop me snacking on the wrong foods. So I think I'll be giving them a miss...