+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You'll be fine Honeybee, don't let the doctor get you down! If it's only the day before AF is due, then you won't be getting particularly good results using anything aside from FMU - my tests were negative/faint without FMU up until roughly 5 weeks pregnant. I'm sure you'll feel much better in a few days time when AF doesn't show her ugly face.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks amanda. I guess I just feel really low. I never get cramps with my period but I have had them constantly for about a week now, and feel I have other symptoms, as well as "a feeling". He did give me a referral to go to the pathology lab on Monday if my period doesn't come over the weekend. I kind of do understand that he's probably gently trying to say that because I'm still due my period tomorrow there could be a high chance of early miscarriage, but still. Thanks for your positive vibes. I wait and hope! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goodluck, I agree, I would definately be asking for a blood test. I had mine done with 2-3 days before AF was due.

With regards to when to test, everyone is different. I got very faint bfp's in the morning with FMU but any test later in the day was a strong positive, weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Narribri, and congrats to you! AF better not show her head over the weekend or there'll be serious words. Hopefully my lovely partner (he had tears in his eyes as we left the clinic this arvo and couldn't stop hugging me) and I will be on in the next couple of weeks. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks CraftyMum. My sis is currently pregnant and says her clinic wouldn't give her a blood test until three days after her period was due, so I guess they all have different policies on when to take a positive as a positive and when to remain cautious. Just means I have to wait a little longer for now. I can't tell you all how good this forum has been over the past week. What a fantastic outlet. I think I'd be losing my mind with all these thoughts to myself.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee81 View Post
    Thanks amanda. I guess I just feel really low. I never get cramps with my period but I have had them constantly for about a week now, and feel I have other symptoms, as well as "a feeling". He did give me a referral to go to the pathology lab on Monday if my period doesn't come over the weekend. I kind of do understand that he's probably gently trying to say that because I'm still due my period tomorrow there could be a high chance of early miscarriage, but still. Thanks for your positive vibes. I wait and hope! x
    I didn't get a positive result with either bloods or urine tests till I was well over 5 weeks and my period was over a week late. I did feel like my period was coming the whole time, infact up until I was 3 moths pregnant and I was told it's completely normal, if anything you'll feel more crampy when your pregnant because everything is stretching and getting ready to grow a bubba. So period cramps are normal and I wouldn't stress, just one more week and you'll know for sure, then fingers crossed the morning sickness doesn't hit you, thats when all the fun began
    Good Luck, I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I say CONGRATULATIONS!! All those tests you've done cannot be wrong. I think drs just like to wait for 'viability' and all of that mumbo jumbo medical stuff. As all of the other ladies have said, the tests they use don't detect as early as the ones you have used.

Don't lose hope, you are pregnant! Allow yourself to be excited about it! Have a nice dinner with your partner to celebrate, embrace it and be as happy about it as you want to be. Have a fantastic weekend and then on Monday you can get the blood test to get the 'formalities' out of the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MBL! And gorgeous pic, by the way. I've heard before that the cramping is a good sign when you're pregnant, in that it's a sign things are expanding and preparing for bub. I don't usually get period pains so I guess I've been thinking the cramps are signs of something more happening. It really helps to know other women haven't had the desired results in the first few weeks simply because it can be too early to detect. Thanks so much for your well wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much, lovinmybub! My sister did mention that too - that some docs won't say anything or rely too much on early results until they can safely say it's a "viable" pregnancy. I think today's doc could really see how keen we are to be pregnant too (he said it to us!) so he probably is wary about getting our hopes up too soon. But, I feel it, and believe it, deep down... that the bean is making itself comfortable. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im sorry to say this but your doctor sounds like a real @ssh0le! I mean seriously! You are definitely UTD darl and I agree go out and celebrate it! As I said, my doc doesn't ever even bother to do a urine test or a blood unless its requested. Youve had plenty of HPTs all say the same thing, so go and enjoy! *hugs*