+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup. I'd say congratulations are in order! From what I've read doctors urine tests only start detecting pregnancy from 50miu/ml onward. I think First Response can detect from around 20miu/ml. (Should say it on the box.) Your doctors test just wouldn't be picking it up yet. So Congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Amara and SarahKristine. I think I really am better off waiting the week until I might have a more accurate read. Just gonna take a little patience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissSixxx! I so hope you're right x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    YAY congratulations are in order! I don't know why the doctors use such crappy tests! Mine wont even do a test if you have done a few POAS and they are positive! He trusts them much more in the first few weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The doctor's tests are not as sensitive as first response.

I was in the exact same situation, it was coming up on first response but the doctor's test was negative. The doctor even said that all the tests I had were faulty Anyway, he did a blood test and it was +ive.

I would have requested a blood test too - I thought that was the norm?

Oh and congratulations!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so new to it I didn't think to ask for a blood test. The consultation was very quick and he was just concentrating on what he saw from his test. I thought, well, he's the doctor. I guess maybe he thinks waiting a week won't be too bad but to us girls it's forever... x

Thanks again for all your kind words and empathy, it's good to know other women have experienced the same kind of thing before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i was you than i would go back and ask for a blood test so you dont have to wait the week.

Sounds like Congrats is in order
    Last edited by MissAlly; 06-04-2010 at 17:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say a congratulations is in order, My period isnt due yet but my breats had been so tender so I did 2 clear blue pregnancy tests both positive, Went to doctors last week did a pee test came up negative so asked for a blood test and got results today that i am infact pregnant.
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee81 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm totally new here but thought I'd give this a go, as my partner and I are just totally confused today.
    We've been TTC since the beginning of 2010 and I've been experiencing symptoms of pregnancy for the past 10 days or so (sore, tender nipples, tiredness, a slight rise in body temperature, slight cramps, that kind of thing). I did a First Response test on Thursday afternoon and it was negative. This morning I did another and it was very positive (the lines were almost the same colour). I did another before I left for work and one when I arrived at work, and all three were very much positive. I booked an appointment with my doctor but my partner and I were a little devastated when the doc's urine test came up negative for me. He told me to wait and come back in a week.
    I thought the tests were rather accurate. They were from different packets too, so I'm not sure they'd all be faulty.
    Can anyone advise? Has this happened to any of you before?

Thanks for taking the time to read this far
    That happened to me,he did a blood test though sure enough it was I was so early like yourself it didnt show up....I would go back this wk & ask for a blood test,in a few days or by friday you will find it will show up @ the docs,do what i did wait till friday buy a digital first response it will tell you that you are PREGNANT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats to mumof1andanother! Fantastic news. And to anyone else of course who has just recently received positive news.
    I did another FR First to Detect just now and it's come up positive again. I'm going to book into a female friendly clinic for Friday and ask them for a blood test when I get there.
    I've noticed my pulse is racing (seems almost twice as fast as my partner's) - must be the cause of feeling a little faint in the mornings. Is this normal?