+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Three positive First Response results but negative urine test from doctor

Hi everyone, I'm totally new here but thought I'd give this a go, as my partner and I are just totally confused today.
    We've been TTC since the beginning of 2010 and I've been experiencing symptoms of pregnancy for the past 10 days or so (sore, tender nipples, tiredness, a slight rise in body temperature, slight cramps, that kind of thing). I did a First Response test on Thursday afternoon and it was negative. This morning I did another and it was very positive (the lines were almost the same colour). I did another before I left for work and one when I arrived at work, and all three were very much positive. I booked an appointment with my doctor but my partner and I were a little devastated when the doc's urine test came up negative for me. He told me to wait and come back in a week.
    I thought the tests were rather accurate. They were from different packets too, so I'm not sure they'd all be faulty.
    Can anyone advise? Has this happened to any of you before?

Thanks for taking the time to read this far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How many DPO are you? The doctors tests may not be as sensitive as yours. Were you using First Response Early Result? They are among the most sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for getting back to me so fast! I'm about 10DPO at this point. I keep look at the tests in my bag and thinking, how can they be wrong? Yes, you're right, I used the First Response Early Result alright. Is it possibly they give an earlier detection than what the doc might use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I visited my doc about 10 DPO after I had done first response and he said he wouldn't do a urine as I would have to wait until after my period was late.

I would say you are pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    At 10dpo you wouldn't get a positive on a doctors test, they measure higher hormone levels than the early store bought tests.
    Give it a week and go back, the doctors test will definately come back positive then
    Congratulations!

Guest Guest
    If you had 3 positives on your tests, I would definately say your pregnant They can't all be false positives. Your dr's test was probably not sensitive enough. In a week, they'll all come up positive. Congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, I didn't expect to receive responses so soon. You're all so helpful and kind, it helps with the confused feelings that's for sure. My partner and I were so excited this morning so the doc's appointment really left us deflated. I called him about an hour or so ago and we were trying to avoid the subject then I asked, "Are you still confused?" and he replied, "Yes! Really!" Fingers and toes next week's test will bring us good news x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind and supportive words everyone. You're all so lovely x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would also be inclined to think that you are pregnant
    Hope you get your positive next week! The wait is almost unbearable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have seen heaps of posts from ladies who got bfns on docs pee tests yet pos on home ones. They are almost always pregnant. Wait til you are overdue for your period then go to a doc and ask for a blood test.