ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default loud neighbours , what is reasonable ??

ok , its 10.00 on a saturday night and i live in a smallish block of units (12 of us )

the people that live up stairs are having a very loud party , they have just moved in last week so i am assuming its there house warming (it better not be a regular thing hehehe)

i dont mind a party thats not the problem, talking and having friends and a bit of music is one thing
    but they are yelling and yahooooooooing so loud and singing and playing guitars on there balcony which is right above my bedroom

what do you think is a reasonable time to go and ask them to be quiet ?

i dont want to sound like a pesky neighbour but its getting a little out of control
    we live next door to a pub so i am used to noise so for me to say its loud, it really is LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    dont think your supposed to have excessive noise after 11 so i think11 or 12 is a reasonable hour to ask them to keep it down hopefully there polite and just didnt realise they were making so much noise !

on the other hand my 13 year old neighbour is having yet another LOUDDDD party- a weekly occurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ezzza232 View Post
    dont think your supposed to have excessive noise after 11 so i think11 or 12 is a reasonable hour to ask them to keep it down hopefully there polite and just didnt realise they were making so much noise !

on the other hand my 13 year old neighbour is having yet another LOUDDDD party- a weekly occurance.

are you serious ? what are the parents doing ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkfluffymarshmellows View Post
    are you serious ? what are the parents doing ?
    well its just the dad that lives there and hes either not there alot or he doesnt give a rats... sometimes its not huge amounts of people sometimes it is.. tonight its noly a few people but still means the music is real loud.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ezzza232 View Post
    well its just the dad that lives there and hes either not there alot or he doesnt give a rats... sometimes its not huge amounts of people sometimes it is.. tonight its noly a few people but still means the music is real loud.

that is awful at 13 years old, poor kid :-( sounds to me like he/she has to much free range from dad

Thanks
    Reviews
    that is awful at 13 years old, poor kid :-( sounds to me like he/she has to much free range from dad
    ever since the mums gone she seems to be off the rails, never at school always drinking etc its a shame the dad doesnt do anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    a police officer told us that excessive noise is not permitted at any time not just after 10pm. id call the police and get them to deal with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyvioletta View Post
    a police officer told us that excessive noise is not permitted at any time not just after 10pm. id call the police and get them to deal with it.

yeah i thought about it , but does that seem a little petty , they are not hurting anyone , just being loud , i dont want to start something over nothing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Id say 12 is a reasonable time to ask them to turn it down

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah i thought about it , but does that seem a little petty , they are not hurting anyone , just being loud , i dont want to start something over nothing
    sometimes its the best way. ask the police not to tell them who complained. if they get away with it they will keep doing it. it makes life hard when that happens, trust me.