+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Inspiration for Long-Term TTC'ers

I just wanted to share a story of hope with all of you having difficulty conceiving. My DP's Aunty and Uncle had an awful time TTC. They tried naturally, then did IVF for quite a while (a period of a few years). Eventually, it all became too much. They decided to have a break and went on holiday - and what do you know, they became pregnant naturally! They have since had two healthy children, both conceived naturally.

I truly hope that all of you TTC are blessed with beautiful, healthy babies very soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LOL well we went on holiday 3 times during our 2 yrs ttc#1, one of those occasions was our honneymoon. Didn't work for us.

The cycle I fell preggers I had a cold, was doing my end of year exams/essays at uni, and at point of O went to Victoria for a friend's wedding! It was the most stressed out I'd been all year!

So I guess stress works sometimes too

MilkOnTap is offline Rivi Cecilia - my 2nd VBAC Home Birth has arrived!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jackie, I thought your comments were a little harsh... ChubbyBubby was just trying to give us long-term TTCers some encouragement, regardless of the type of infertility we are experiencing.

ChubbyBubby - its fantastic to hear testimonies of people who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies. Definitely boosted my spirits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Lady
    Jackie, I thought your comments were a little harsh... ChubbyBubby was just trying to give us long-term TTCers some encouragement, regardless of the type of infertility we are experiencing.

ChubbyBubby - its fantastic to hear testimonies of people who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies. Definitely boosted my spirits!
    Pink Lady, I agree with you about Jackie7's comments.

A little positive enouragement and caring thoughts go a long way!

Jacinta - Pink Lady and myself have gone through incredible heartache, but still have room in our hearts for all the other ladies that are successful with their questfor bubs.

Thanks ChubbyBubby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i think a little bit of hope can't hurt; as long as its realistic.

Here is a nice story;

Friends of mine tried for seven years TTC, and then at around 35, they tried IVF for about 3 years. Eventually they resigned themselves to never having children and were ok about that eventually. At age 43 my friend missed two periods - and she just thought menopause was starting. she went to the doctor, and lo and behold, they were pregnant!

They now have the most gorgeous, healthy, and treasured little boy.

I don't know if they had a specific condition. and of course this is a rare story; but its nice to have a bit of hope ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your story Chubbybubby - I too know of a few inspirational couples - and I actually think it's nice to hear about them and not lose hope that miracles can and do happen. I think un-explained fertility is just that - and sometimes after years of trying people do get their miracle. People my parents knew when I was growing up had adopted three children over a ten year period and then fell pregnant - they now have three adopted daughters and a son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend is a total sucess story. She had tried to concieve for 8 years and nothing, then she just concieved. She had been on clomid in the past and tried everything except the more expensive approaches(no insurance). Unfortunately it ended this past Dec. in a miscarriage at 12 weeks. It was so horrible, but now she is 23 weeks and doing great, Dr. said baby looks fine. She has another scan next thurs. I can't wait to find out what she is having. I also feel I have a sucess. I had no periods for 3 years. Tried to concieve for 2 1/2. And then I started taking Black Cohosh and soy isoflavins and about 6 months after that I concieved my son Isaac.

cmd'smum is offline Administrator
    I'm coming to get you Linda... ribbbit
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for trying to cheer ppl up chubbybubby......

I conceived my DD on Clomid and second pgy was a natural conception and a very very pleasant surprise , only to end in m/c. But i know we will conceive no 2 soon

Miracles can def happen