+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi ladies!

I'm new to this thread as of tonight, and have enjoyed reading your stories. My partner and I are looking into surrogacy in the Ukraine after we get married in march. We have a six year old boy who was conceived naturally, 18 months later we started trying again but no results. 5 years we have been trying now and I'm thoroughly exhausted. Last year I had a laparoscopy and they found endometriosis. They removed it and two months later I fell preg but lost it at 7 weeks. I thought I'd fall preg easily again, but a year on, and ive just had another laparoscopy. So one more round of Ivf then we're onto surrogacy. I've been in touch with new hope in Kiev. They've been helpful so far. Its comforting to hear some success stories. You're so brave!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Goodluck in your journey. I would recommend emailing the popular agencies in Ukraine like lotus, new hope, biotex and asking lots of questions and see who responds and makes you feel confident in them. Unfortunately this thread is not very active and i found it hard to find other ladies doing the same thing but there are a few facebook pages you can join through the agency you choose. Are you in Australia?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ecm, thanks for replying. I've only been emailing New Hope so far and they have been pretty quick to respond and seem quite professional. However in saying that, I've asked them if I have to stay in Kiev for the whole Ivf cycle or if I can come back home, or if I can send my embryo's over that I already had collected, and they haven't responded to that yet. I need to sort out time off work etc, so I really need to get organised. Yes, I'm in Australia, in Nsw. I've just done a random google search but haven't found much!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend using new hope but she is using donor egg. My guess is you probably wouldnt need to be in kiev the whole time but you wouldnt be able to be far away either, maybe a short flight or drive. We are using donor egg so cant off any more advice sorry. What i can say is that oit of all the clinics and donors we have used iver the past 5 years, we have never had results like this. So whether thats to finding an actual amazing donor finally or because Adonis clinic is better in embryology then other clinics i dont know but it's the best results we have had so far with 11 good qual embryos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (19-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice. So you're with Lotus, but they use Adonis clinics for the embryo's? I will email them also. It's promising to hear you've had the best results from them. New Hope got back to me regarding length of stay etc. They said I wouldn't need to stay there the whole cycle, I could start my meds here, then head over closer to my egg collection. But the flights are 36 hours, and could I even take needles on a plane and how would I keep them cold, and I'd get confused about the time difference, not to mention my hormones jumping around because my sleep will be all over the place. I think I'd feel better staying in the Ukraine or close by for the six weeks. They said they've assisted in embryo's being sent from the USA but not from Australia. Could you please clarify between Lotus and Adonis clinic? Im sending you white light and strength for your journey. It takes so much energy to even reach this stage, let alone do it. So with every inch if my being, I hope you have that baby in your arms soon.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Greens8 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (20-12-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, yes Adonis is the IVF clinic and Lotus is the surrogacy agency just like New Hope is the surrogacy agency. You definitely need a surrogacy agency. Lotus uses Adonis but they were also using another IVF clinic called Nadiya or something like that. I have done a cycle overseas before and its not that hard to organise. You will just need a Dr onboard here in Australia to help with writing out scans and medications. 6 weeks would be a long time in Ukraine but if you didnt want to do the cycle from Aus you could maybe go to london/Europe for a holiday whilst going to ukraine. Travelling with meds and needles is also not a problen i have done this many time and the airlines are all good, you just need a letter from Dr. Thanks for your well wishes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

familyinwaiting  (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ukrainian surrogacy

Hello, I've found this thread really helpful & hope discussion can continue. We're new to investigating this as an option but feel quietly excited. ECM1981 how is your journey going? Best wishes to you all in 2017 x

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to familyinwaiting For This Useful Post:

CrabLegs  (16-01-2017),ECM1981  (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi familyinwaiting. I'm quietly excited too. Just waiting to get married in march so we can start our journey. I can't wait. I'm so ready to take this step. Happy new year to you all. x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Greens8 For This Useful Post:

CrabLegs  (16-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ukraine (Kiev) is very nice and the city was modern with great coffee shops and restaurants. Unfortunately we got a bfn on our first transfer so hoping for more positive outcome in the next. I will tell you that the 2ww is not any easier with your surrogate doing the transfer and carrying of precious cargo. It is still an extremely stressful and anxious time!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (09-01-2017),CrabLegs  (16-01-2017),Greens8  (11-01-2017)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your bfn ecm. I can only imagine how the two week wait would be stressful. There's so much that has gone into the build up of those two weeks. Best of luck with your next transfer when you're emotionally ready.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Greens8 For This Useful Post:

CrabLegs  (16-01-2017)