+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleep improvement after tonsillectomy / adenoidectomy

Hi everyone,

My 10mth old son is having his tonsils and adenoids removed in 6 weeks due to Obstructive Sleep Apnea. He has been a terrible sleeper from birth, I have hardly slept since , well when he was born really !

I just want some feedback on how your kids sleep improved once they had the operation. My daughter had the operation last year but it wasnt because of sleep apnea so has never had a sleep problem.

I am so terribly scared that he is so used to waking up so much that he still wont sleep properly after his surgery !

Thanks everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 13 yr old son had his adenoids and tonsils removed when he was about 3 due to sleep apnia and recurring tonsilitis. His sleeping improved dramatically but, he is and always has been a big boy, he snores still! Not sure if things like that grow back but atleast he doesn't stop breathing any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My 15yo sister is having hers out in 2 weeks. She also suffers from constant sinus infections, OSA, recurring tonsillitis.

From what we've been told, she will start to sleep better just going to take time.

Friends 4yo DS had his out last year, he sleeps so much better & hasnt had a problem since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 3.5 year old had his tonsils and adenoids out a few weeks ago, and his sleep has improved 100 percent, and it happened almost instantly!! He was such a noisy sleeper, but now we can hardly hear him when he sleeps- it is great