+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *spin off* How much choc do you let your kids eat at easter??

After reading all the responses for the stealing you kids easter chocolate thread it got me thinking...

Do you make special allowances for easter??

I know my kids get tons of chocolate at easter and for the first few years I'd let them have say one egg a day after meals. But now they are more able to see the consequences of their actions I pretty much let them go for gold. DD especially now knows within herself that if she eats too much junk she feels sick and so paces herself, DS is pretty much the same.

They are really good healthy, active kids so one period of the year I don't see a problem with this.

Discuss......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I usually let ds have a small amount after dinner. His chocolate usually lasts for a few weeks after easter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    She doesn't eat it, even the vegan one goes untouched by her. I buy fair trade vegan chocolates and she'll have maybe a bite and I'll have the rest

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    let them have some each day until its gone

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    She gets one handmade vegan bunny. And that's it.

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS always gets given a lot from the extended family, but doesn't eat much. A bite here and there. I'm glad he hasn't inherited my 'eat it all now' philosophy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD always gets more than she eats. I still have an Easter egg from last year sitting in my fridge.

I don't allow her much chocolate.

I've got her more than she'll eat this year too, and I bet others will give her some too.

Doesn't matter - I'll slowly pick at it until it's all gone...

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just come back from buying our easter supplies actually! The first few years we went a little stupid and she ate very little of it so most of it went to my backside I'm afraid.

The past couple of years we have gone quality over quantity and tried to buy things that were useful with an egg inside if that makes sense? Like an eggcup, with an egg, a book with an egg etc. We bought a pack of those cheap bulk ones for the hunt and a few lindt ones just for yummies.

She usually eats more than I would like, but less than i have cause to worry about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    well DD isnt even 2yrs old yet so atm she can have one tiny choc egg,like the size of one that fits in an egg cup, when she gets older she will obviously be aloud more

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids hardley get any eggs, they are allowed a small amount at a time.