+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Carpet cleaning help !!!

Okay, the other day DP's 4 foot fish tank split down the side when he was setting it up (Phew! it had no fish in it yet!!!)

Basically flooded litres of water onto the carpet.

(not all of the water, because we got Jasper's padding pool and let it flood into the pool - another PHEW!)

I put all the towels we owned onto the soaking wet carpet and stomped on them, spun then in the washing machine, and repeated this process a few things, thinking that would draw the water out.

Yesterday the carpet was smelling odd.

Today the whole living room smells disgusting, enough to make me feel unwell if I'm in there too long.

I dont drive, I want to shampoo the carpet, thankfully I'm only working a couple of hours tomorrow and then have all day off wednesday, so I have time to fix this!!!

What can/should/would you do!? I cant get a carpet shampooer because I dont drive, they have them at the supermarket about 1klm away..... but I'd have to carry/wheel/put it in the pram? on my own to get it home?!?

Otherwise, any seasoned home makers know any tricks?

Otherwise, what would I pay to have someone come in and just shampoo that spot, its about 2 meters by 3 meters is as far as I can tell that its soaked into the underlay.

And what can i do about the smelll!??????!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They are pretty big and heavy, doubt you will be able to drag one that far.

I brought a carpet cleaner from Godfreys on the weekend for $149 which is equal to hiring a cleaner 3 times.

Maybe you would have to catch a cab to get it home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    id get carpet cleaners they will use industrial vacuums and dry it out...they are much better than anything else...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meggs View Post
    id get carpet cleaners they will use industrial vacuums and dry it out...they are much better than anything else...

How much would that cost do you think?

ball park figure....?

Otherwise, is there anything I can do to make it hold over until the weekend, as DP can get MIL to bring down her carpet cleaner on the weekend and we can do it then, so I'm not overly thrilled spending money, but I'm worried about perminant damage if its left for a week.
    Last edited by Boobycino; 22-03-2010 at 09:37.