+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Want to help the future Mums and Dads of Australia?

Go to www.underthebirchtree.com and fill out the survey.

All the information you need is there. Everyone who has given birth, in one way or another is welcome, and Dads too. Or if somebody else gave birth to your baby, please join in we would love to hear from all of you.

Your time is much appreciated.

Samantha

Under the Birch Tree.
    Last edited by lovemyjobdoula; 20-03-2010 at 22:49.

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I will tomorrow too tired now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've filled it out, but since it's not a secure online form or website I haven't included ny surname, phone number or address. You have my email addy if you wish to contact me.

P.S. I was surprised to see that you didn't ask if there was any tearing, and if so, what degree. You only asked if I had stitches or an episiotomy. Also no mention of bleeding (i.e. lots/little).
    Last edited by NonnyMouse; 20-03-2010 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Look i tried to fill it in but the boxes were all over the place so i didnt finish it, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To IndigoJ, I am sorry that you have experienced this problem, you are only the second to have had this happen. I am currently looking into why it has been viewed this way on your computer. Thank you for putting in the time it is much appreciated.

To ANonnyMouse, Thanks for bring this up I will have to revise the wording prior to the survey as you are the second to address this. I have given all options so that you have a choice what contact you leave. so long as I can contact you if you are interested in your information being used in the book, the rest is not relevant to me.
    As the survey is very long I have tried to keep it shorter by having questions that may answer more than one. The bleeding is assumed would be answered in the question did you have any post delivery complications. And if you had stitches and no episiotomy then I assume the degree of tearing from that. I also would contact you to talk about your birth if you were to go in the book. Together we could then cover all those things. I apologize if everything is a little grey. You seem to have a passion for birth as I do, I really believe if we women support each other the next generations will have a better birthing experience and the future generations will evolve to a more loving, respectful, caring nation.

I just wanted to add that I am not a company wishing to make money from the child birth experience. I am a mum of three, my last pregnancy was very difficult and lead to a two year struggle to keep my son alive and well. I found no hope from the medical profession and went it alone week by week through my pregnancy. This is when I decided to write this book. I never want any woman or their family to suffer what I have and to feel so alone through it. My son is now finally well after a long and painful 2 years. Sleep deprived (as most of us mums are) I started writing and kept the family healthy and happy, nursed my son through trauma and pain, Home schooled my middle child and helped my eldest through senior. The building of my website and survey was a challenge but well worth it and I only hope by the end of the year I will have a book that will give Australian Mums and Dads hope, so they will not feel alone what ever their journey. I will offer real stories they will relate to from real people.

I also hope to give a copy to those that helped out and left their details, free of charge.

Thank you for your support.

Samantha Birch

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am using firefox 3.6 should i try another browser?

Thanks
    Reviews
    To IndigoJ,

I have someone coming out this week, I will try to work out the problem. I'm not sure if the browser change will do anything but may be worth a try. Let me know if you have any luck.
    Thanks for the time you are putting in.

Samantha Birch

Under the Birch Tree

3'llhavetodo is offline Before we as mothers can look after our loved ones we must first look after ourselves
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The boxes aren't lining up for me either. Also do you want me to fill in 3 surveys for each of my 3 kids???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi 3'llhavetodo,

I would love you to do one separate survey for each of your babies. Could take a while though so you might want to do one a day or so. The most important thing is you write about what in your experience you think some new mums, dads will benefit from. Write it to them, advising them what happened and what you would change not change. How you felt about it.

Can anyone that has the alignment problem please tell me what they are running, Windows XP, Linex, Mac, etc.
    I am aware firefox has not worked well.

The survey is best viewed in Internet explorer.

Kind Regards

Samantha Birch

Under the Birch Tree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemyjobdoula View Post
    Hi 3'llhavetodo,

I would love you to do one separate survey for each of your babies. Could take a while though so you might want to do one a day or so. The most important thing is you write about what in your experience you think some new mums, dads will benefit from. Write it to them, advising them what happened and what you would change not change. How you felt about it.

Can anyone that has the alignment problem please tell me what they are running, Windows XP, Linex, Mac, etc.
    I am aware firefox has not worked well.

The survey is best viewed in Internet explorer.

Kind Regards

Samantha Birch

Under the Birch Tree
    I've got explorer