ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pregnancy and first time mum's tips please!

I'm in the process of writing/designing a book which will provide quick tips and information for pregnancy and first time mums, and would love to include any suggestions from the mums and mums to be on bubhub.

I felt the information out there was so complex and in depth when I was pregnant and I certainly didn't have time to read slabs of text and whole chapters on various issues that came up after I had my first baby, so although i'm no expert, I've decided to collate all the useful tips and information I've found during my own research into a very quick reference style book for first time mums during pregnancy and the first year or so of babyhood.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to include, i'll be happy to consider them. I've already got many of the basics covered, but am hoping for little tips I may not have thought of.

Things like good snacks for a baby of 6 month age, 9 month age and 1 year. Or how you can drive around with a towel on your car seat as your due date nears, to avoid staining if your waters break. There are plenty of little golden tips I was given that were fantastic ideas for pregnancy and my wading my way through my bub's first year, I want to make sure women that may not have much time for researching, or whom have very few friends with children, can have somewhere to look for advice, that doesn't take up a lot of time.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    *Being a 1st time pregnant mum, I always love seeing the week to week um milestones of my baby (maybe you can add, when you need a scan and when you may feel your baby kicking)

*Um, maybe see what the procedures are in each state of australia when admitting yourself to a hospital for care during pregnancy.

*What to expect during labour / stages / how to time a contraction,

*what you'll need to take to hospital

*What to expect in the first week

* Lots of numbers for each state of organizations you can call for help with your baby or post natal depression

I think adding really basic information for 1st time mums. From pregnancy to maybe the 1st year of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    might be uselss but powerade helps keep u hydrated if u have morning sickness.....

make sure u have a lot of fibre ready for after delivery, coz u get backed up big time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please dedicate 1 large chapter all about reflux with babies & 1 large chapter all about colic. Symptoms, remedies, what to look out for if ur child has it & what u can do. I had no idea when DD was born & never read about it in any so called expert book!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Initial feelings when finding out you are pregnant.

Week by week baby growth charts.

Delivery Options.

When to go to Antenatal classes.

What to expect from a Obstetrician.

Morning Sickness Cures.

What exercise is safe whilst pregnant.

When to stop work.

A explanation of all tests that you are going to have get done. Bloods, ultrasounds etc.

What is needed for the Nursery what to buy now and what to buy after the baby is born.

Options for car seats.

I've just found out I am expecting with my first, so the above is from a first time expecting mum.

Pains, Gas, farting and burping, we are no longer ladies.

Good Luck.