Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I haven't been diagnosed with PCOS and I don't think I have this but I would really like some advice and this seems like a good place to come.

I'm 20 years old, I was on the pill for about 2 yrs and recently stopped because of a series of events.

Firstly, the most important thing I wanna mention is my periods were VERY regular BEFORE I started the pill, then once I started on the pill, it kinda made my periods late which is very weird, I know. I ended up seeing a doctor because I got break through bleeding and my gyno told me I have a cervical erosion which needs to be removed, and that it's caused by sensitivity to estrogen. He said I should go off the pill and try other methods of contraception, but instead I just switched to a lower estrogen pill.

Anyway...the cervical erosion went away on its own, then in an ultrasound they found "polycystic appearing ovaries". They told me it's nothing to worry about, but to keep an eye on it.

So about 2 weeks ago I had pains on my right side, so I thought I should get this checked out again. My boyfriend and I were having sex one night and I got the worst pain in that area, I thought I had to go to hospital.

I had another ultrasound yesterday (at the very end of my period) and the radiographer there told me that I seem to have more follicles than a normal person. I asked him what this means and he said it might just mean that I'm very fertile. This cheered me up a little because I've been so scared that I may have cysts affecting my fertility (plus it's quite likely since my mum is very very fertile, so I might have inherited that). I've yet to see the gyno about it, but I'm just looking for someone else's experiences.

Also I haven't been able to find any information on the significance of the fact that I have very high levels of estrogen! How would this affect follicles???

I am just so confused, if anyone has any information, PLEASE let me know! I feel like no doctor cares or takes me seriously just because I'm young. I just know something isn't right. I've just been diagnosed with "epilepsy" in the last few months and I have a suspicion this is all related...

Thank you all in advance, I hope someone replies..