ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 days late... neg preg tests?

I hope someone can shead some light on this for me. Been ttc for a few months. I normally have a long cycle at around 32 or 33 days and O day is generally day 20. I am now at day 40.

2 cycles ago I had an early miscarriage, but I used Early response tests and it came up positive the day of my missed period.

I have a three yr old son and when I was pregnant with him I did a hpt on day 45 with neg result. I tested again on day 55 and it was positive.

I figured that now, four years later that the technology would be better. 7 days over is killing me, if it's not happening then fine I can move on, but this living in limbo is really annoying. My mum, when pregnant with my brother 24 yrs ago, had a blood test and her dr told her she wasn't pregnant.... obviously she was. Is it some sort of low level of the preg hormone? I don't have any preg symptoms - 2 cycles ago when I was pregnant for a short while I had the sore (o)(o)s etc but this time nothing.

I spose I have to wait another week? Has anyone had this issue before? I am a very healthy 30 yr old. I have had one successful pregnancy (preg fist try) and one very early miscarriage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sairbair

Maybe you should go for a blood test - I know they are very rarely wrong. Then at least you will know one way or the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sairbair View Post
    I hope someone can shead some light on this for me. Been ttc for a few months. I normally have a long cycle at around 32 or 33 days and O day is generally day 20. I am now at day 40.

2 cycles ago I had an early miscarriage, but I used Early response tests and it came up positive the day of my missed period.

I have a three yr old son and when I was pregnant with him I did a hpt on day 45 with neg result. I tested again on day 55 and it was positive.

I figured that now, four years later that the technology would be better. 7 days over is killing me, if it's not happening then fine I can move on, but this living in limbo is really annoying. My mum, when pregnant with my brother 24 yrs ago, had a blood test and her dr told her she wasn't pregnant.... obviously she was. Is it some sort of low level of the preg hormone? I don't have any preg symptoms - 2 cycles ago when I was pregnant for a short while I had the sore (o)(o)s etc but this time nothing.

I spose I have to wait another week? Has anyone had this issue before? I am a very healthy 30 yr old. I have had one successful pregnancy (preg fist try) and one very early miscarriage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    hey im also living in limbo AF is 10 days late had an appt with the gno and he said my uterus was enlarged and felt like i was 5 weeks along. had a blood test and came back neg!
    Ill just keep testing till i get a bfp or AF shows. You must have low hcg levels or something like me.
    My SIL didnt find out till she was over 4 mths!
    GL hope you get a bfp soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the feedback. So you are 10 days late and I'm now 8 days late. We must have the LOWEST ever amounts of the pregancy hormone.

I can't tell you how much better I feel after hearing that your Dr. said that your uterus was enlarged and most likely meant that the buib was cooking. My fingers are crossed that you and I are lucky this time round and we both have Nov bubs.

Best of luck and thanks for posting. Sarah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's praying that you both get that !!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks Becca, very nice of you. I'm not the most patient person ever born, but this not knowing is driving me crazy. Your kind words certainly help.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update to this

Now 11 days late (day 43 of my cycle). Went to Ob as I couldn't handle it anymore. He said I'm prob the rare women that have tiny amounts of the hormone... so will have to wait another 2 weeks before we do the blood test. He did say that it was more than likely that I am pregnant. Not too excited yet, I want to see the results in 2 wks... then I will let myself believe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had any luck as of yet? You must be at least 2 wks late or even a bit over by now!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    can i join you? lol, 5 days late but negative blood test, never been late in my life though

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bah humbug

AF arrived today, day 46. What the hell is going on with my cycle. Anyway, obviously the timing wasn't right.

I'm feeling OK with things, not nearly as bad as the early miscarriage we had 2mths ago. I think I was holding back a bit, and that has helped.

Best of luck to the rest of you. Sarah