+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post
    freya - i disagree a little bit, if it was easy to be healthy, there would be no one with weight probs (unless theres a medical reason) or even heartdisease etc..

it may very well be easy for someone who was brought up in a healthy home and was never allowed to have crap and always encouraged/guided/forced to lead a healthy lifestyle, but for those who did not have that instilled in them, its not easy.

yes as adults people make their own choices, but its still hard.
    It is easy to make a change, you just have to actually 100 percent WANT to change. Until just over a month ago I had always eaten badly, that's just the way my family had always eaten. I had always thought I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle but really I never made the effort to find out about healthier alternatives to the common unhealthy foods, learnt to cook healthy, learnt to make exercise fun.

Once you get to the point where you do really want to change your life it's not hard, you feel too good to want to give it all up. And this is not just about weight, I know women who are still bigger but they are healthy and they feel great too!
    Last edited by Freya; 08-03-2010 at 15:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    It is easy to make a change, you just have to actually 100 percent WANT to change. Until just over a month ago I had always eaten badly, that's just the way my family had always eaten. I had always thought I wanted to live a healthier lifestyle but really I never made the effort to find out about healthier alternatives to the common unhealthy foods, learnt to cook healthy, learnt to make exercise fun.

Once you get to the point where you do really want to change your life it's not hard, you feel too good to want to give it all up. And this is not just about weight, I know women who are still bigger but they are healthy and they feel great too!
    I agree!! You've just gotta have motivation! Once you start the healthy lifestyle change, its amazing how good you will begin to look & feel - you don't ever want to go back!

Mischief is offline Love. Dream. Laugh. The shadows simply mean the sun is shining!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Ive lost 20kgs.... I did it for me, you cant do stuff like that for another person!

I feel good about myself now, not fantastic, I still have my hang -ups, but its nice to see the change.

Whats that famous quote? Be the change you want to see? Or something like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Some times wanting it, needing it, having something major to use as motivation, and all the know how in the world is just not enough to make the changes for a better lifestyle.

Put simply....its not easy for everyone so never assume it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm extremely happy for people who have made a change and found it easy and are now happy...but to say simply that because u have done it with ease, that its easy for any1, and then to go on and say for the people who find it hard they dont want it bad enough is offensive to those who have struggled their whole life to get healthy.

and i have lost 30kgs, it took two years and it wasnt fun, it certainly wasnt easy...

like mumma tissy said wanting it even 100% doesnt mean anything.

congrat to those who have gotten healthy...

Not far from brisbane but not as close as I want to be
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try being my mother she needs to exercise 12hours a day to stay trim, she eats very well and unless she works out 12 hours(she use to but has no time to work out for that long) and still has a bigger frame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people do not just lose weight by eatting well and doing abit of exercise, I have to pull a car up a mountain to make my weight budge. Everybodies metabolism is different and even if you do want something 100% it doesn't always come easily. I don't think it is easy for everybody.

Michaswonderland - 30kgs, that's amazing, well done!