+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Not far from brisbane but not as close as I want to be
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well to me being muscular is attractive and that makes me love myself more I feel amazing when I am what I consider attractive. I do not want to attract anyone or have them want me I just want want to be happy with myself and like what i see in the mirror.

Being fit and muscular is more important than being media attractive. Id rather look(not exactly like her lol) like Lorena Cozza than any Hollywood starlet. It is important to me to be happy within myself than aspiring to be what others consider attractive.
    Last edited by motherev2two; 08-03-2010 at 10:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I guess i don't believe looking after yourself = looking good.
    I think you can always tell when someone leads a healthy life, has positive self esteem and respect for themself though.... That shines above any 'conventional' good looks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchstar View Post
    I think you can always tell when someone leads a healthy life, has positive self esteem and respect for themself though.... That shines above any 'conventional' good looks.
    I honestly don't know frenchie, I mean lots of people who look "healthy" just aren't by any stretch of the imagination. I think people have a certain set of standards that defines what healthy looks like (and keeping in mind that even that is culturally dependant).

For example, a slender body, or unblemished, glowing skin, muscles, shiny hair, for some people it's the sun-kissed look..

and I think saying that if you look after yourself you naturally "look good" is setting some individuals up with a target that they will never be naturally able to meet regardless of how their actual health is or the steps they make to maintain their health.

I mean some people will always just have features that are unappealing to others (whether is be a very large nose, or excessive body hair, or natural pallor, or eyes set very close together, large ears, a frame that is very large, a frame that is very small, age..) regardless of their health status, and others will always look appealing to others while their health status goes to sh1t.

We live by the beach and see many people running by every afternoon, some of them look like healthy, happy, shiny people that you see on the fitness first ads, others look like regular people who fall wherever they do on the spectrum of "attractiveness".

There is nothing to say that the more attractive ones are any healthier than their less sparkly counterparts, I mean they are all running along faster than i could any day the only thing that sets them apart is their appearance and I just don't believe that reveals anything significant about their health or otherwise.

Not far from brisbane but not as close as I want to be
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is true Mcluffly When i was Pregnant I would walk 5k Through a hilly area my friend would come she looked extremely fit but we had to keep stopping for her and she was sore and puffed out she was a non smoker and seemingly fit if you looked at her.

Looks can be deceiving one off the fittest girls at a gym I use to go with was a size 16 and could put most of her skinny gym buddies to shame I was so shocked she really made me work to keep up hahaha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchstar View Post
    NO, no, you don't sound snippy, I totally know where you are coming from. When I was younger, I was TOTALLY trying to look good to fit in and to get attention, because I didn't think I was worthy of attention for any other reason. Now, I still like to look nice but I definitely know that there is more to me than that. That part of me is still in there somewhere though and it may never totally go away.

At this stage in my life, it doesn't actually feel like a burden to me at all, but I definitely get that it can be, having been there. There was once a time in my life that the fear of being fat or unattractive was worse than my fear of death - 100 per cent serious there.
    That's the other thing, it's not a burden because I buy into it, because i don't. It's a burden because I don't buy it yet I do it anyway (whether it be wearing makeup or clothes to "suit" the occasion) because it does make life easier. It ticks me off that it does make life easier, because it shouldn't. It's kind of like putting on a costume and playing a part in a play that you don't even like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just like being comfortable in my own skin, I think since having DD2 my self-esteem about my body has defeniatly gone downhill as apposed to how I felt after DD1, I have more excess, I did not get down to the weight I wanted to after I had her, she was a bigger baby and I gained more during pregnancy so I really felt the difference that time around. I find it alot harder to budge the weight now, even using gym equipment i'd lose the weight in my stomach but not in my lower abdomin so it's safe to say I do officially have a mummy tummy!
    I think also because i'm only 21, losing your body at this age is very degrading because other young people do look and compare themselves to you, often when I go out without my kids to the supermarket or something I sort of think 'oh i wonder what that person is looking at' or i feel like wearing a t-shirt that says "i've got 2 kids at home" so people know why I do have a little bit of a tum lol

I use to be very very comfortable with my body before I had the girls, i'm not a small build, I don't think i'm excessively fat but I have big bones but I was ok with that before. Now it does bother me more, DP is happy with me, he always compliments my image but it's not about what other people are thinking about me it's about me and how I feel about myself!
    And I think if you're not ok about yourself then if somebody else does comment I do take it more personally then when I felt good about my body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i want to look attractive so people will leave me alone.

i'm sick of ppl poking fun or looking at me in an amused way for whatever the bloody reason. OVER ITTTTTTTTTTT onlookers im fat ffs not a three headed bearded lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sorry..lol had a bad day yesterday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post

i'm sick of ppl poking fun or looking at me in an amused way for whatever the bloody reason. OVER ITTTTTTTTTTT onlookers im fat ffs not a three headed bearded lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is the issue that i struggle with, I want society to widen it's perception of what is determined attractive so that people aren't subjected to the above ^^^ and don't feel sh1tty about themselves and what have you, but on the other hand it frustrates the hell out of me that we need to play the game at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischaswonderland View Post

Lovely you are beautiful :skywriter:I don't know why anyone would poke fun at you and I'm not just giving you that as a charity compliment because it's true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank u trace, im quite the chub tho so its sadly my reality.

i copped it big time whilst out with my family yesterday its bullhorn, im never leaving the house again.

i just want to be another face in the crowd.