+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Wink Question: I want to hear from all the ladies that have got their BFP

I would like to hear from all you ladies that have gotten a BFP. My question is what did you do the first 24 hours after transfer? Did you bedrest, go shopping....etc?
    I'm having a FET this Friday with 2 x 3 day embies and my Dr told me to carry on life like normal after transfer..... but as you can see from my signature... somethings not working so I'm double checking everything and want to ask you lovely ladies and find out how you made it over the line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amandamoo,

The very best of luck to you!!!

For my 2 transfers - I had bed rest for the day of the transfer and the next day. My FS told me to rest the day of and then carry on as normal the next day however I think - what can one more day hurt? Its less stress for me and I like being in bed!!

I will be thinking super sticky thoughts for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Amandamoo. Good luck with it all.

I decided to take a holiday the first week after transfer. After the transfer in Sydney, we travelled to Port Macquarie (I drove most of the way) and then when we got there we tok my dog to the beach and splashed around for a few hours. I did alot of reading and relaxing for the week, but we also did alot of shopping, swimming and walking.

I got that BFP when I thought about it least and carried on with life as before the transfer (minus the wine). Try not to think too much about what to do and just listen to your body - if your tired rest, if you want to swim then do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My clinic made me lay flat for 1 hour after the transfer, then let me go home. They told me to take it very easy for the next few days then resume normal activity. But, I decided to place myself on bedrest for 5 days. I had a friend who did this and got her BFP so I did it and guess what, I got my BFP of the very first IVF attempt.

After that baby, I tried four our second child. I did a FET cycle and had 2 embies put back, embies from the same batch that my DD came from. I went to a different clinic this time and not only was i sitting up for the transfer (weird?) but immediately after they let me walk out and didnt tell me to do anything different, so I stupidly went about my normal day and had no bedrest. I got a BFN.

Now I know many girls will say that you dont need bedrest, and some of them got their BFP's anyway, but IMO bedrest increases your chances. Besides, for me the first time around, I wanted to do everything I possibly could to try to get that BFP, and a little bedrest never hurt anyone.

I also started avoiding the foods that you shouldnt eat while pregnant 1 week prior to my transfer and during the TWW and had given up perfumes, cosmetics, caffiene and alcohol 3 months prior as requested by my clinic (actually they said 1 month prior, but I wanted to be an early bird).

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I laid flat on the backseat of the car for the ride home (was 2hr trip).
    I also laid myself on the lounge watching TV for the rest of the day once I got home.

That being said, I had 8 BFN transfers before I got our BFP. I had tried bedrest & also just doing normal stuff on those 8 failed attempts, so I think if it's going to happen, it just does. But a day of relaxation never hurt anyone .

Thanks
    Reviews
    one thing I did do differently though (this was the first time I did this out of the 9 attempts).....I did accupressure points before the transfer (from a book "The Infertility Cure").

There is 11 acupressure points that you can do before the transfer to prepare your body for the transfer (they are specially for IVF embryo transfer). I did these on the way to the clinic.

Don't know if they helped, but at attempt number 9, I was willing to try anything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi best of luck sticky thoughts for you

no bedrest life as normal rest does not increase chances just some like to believe it does and I am not going to atack peoples believes but I am results based on proven facts

like my FS said it can not fall out once it is in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

After i had my transfer i went straight to my acupuncturist (i had been having acupuncture for months beforehand) then went home and layed down, i went back to work the next day but i had also been eating one kiwi fruit a day well before starting my cycle and was still eating one a day up till 10 weeks of this pregnancy.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    First 24 hours after transfer. I took my board and went for a surf for about 4 hours. I was hoping it would be the last chance I would have for quiet sometime to hit the surf... I was right! Haven't been out since! Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went home, had something to eat, chilled out for a couple of hours and then went for a 30 min cycle that evening and every evening after that for the next three weeks until morning sickness kicked in.