+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    singlet and my dressing gown - cause the middy forgot to tell me to take it off before she put my drip in!!! but it was good as i got cold towards the end......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont remember when the gown they gave me came off but it was pretty early in the whole deal! Butt naked and so glad, as they were able to put my babies on me as soon as they were born. No shame...i mean your pushing a kid out of your vagina! And I had twins so there were heaps of people in the room lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I bought a cheap nightie from Big W for the occasion, but ended up wearing one of my favourite most comfy dresses (I think I felt more at ease and secure in something familiar). But I ditched the dress when I hopped into the birth pool and just wore a crop top and no bottoms. And then eventually I ditched the crop top too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just the hospital gown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just socks for the most part... Pink fluffy bed socks!

I had a bikini top on for part of the time, and I'm sure that there were some shorts of some description involved, but I have no real recollection, except of looking down at my fluffy bed socks!

I was breastfeeding in the birthing suite about an hour after after having DD, she'd just gotten back to the room, I was wearing a cheapy nightie, that was quite comfy, but I had to lift it up rather than pull it down as it only had pretend buttons!
    Then when I was being moved over to the maternity ward, the mw told me I had to put on some pants! I was like, this is a nighty, it covers up most of my thighs, get farked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD1...I wore my short sleeve pyjama dress (about thigh length), was soft and didnt phase me that it ended up getting blood all over it!!

With DD2 I decided to wear the same so bought one from Coles (like a short sleeve night shirt). I wore this one during the whole labour ( I was freezing in it). The middy kept bringing me hot toasty warm thermal blankets and covered me up every so often and i was in heaven She was so brilliant I thanked the hospy mainly because of her. I didnt end up ruining this one with blood though as I just took it off at the end when it was time to push. So I was naked (didnt end up having a bra on as I didnt have leaky boobs when I was at home going into labour).

I wasnt expecting it to get so cold in the birthing room but it got freezing in the early hours of the morning as I went in at midnight and gave birth at 7am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was in soft baggy shorts and a singlet for the first half hour or so, but as soon as the contractions got rough I stripped off completely and hopped in the pool. I stayed naked until an hour or so after the birth, and even then I only threw on a loose sarong for the benefit of the doula and midwife.
    Last edited by NonnyMouse; 21-02-2010 at 20:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A white Kappa t-shirt.

Still have it and will wear it with my next birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I wore socks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IttyBitty View Post
    The gorgeous hospital gowns!!!

Had two c-sections - didnt get a choice!! lOl
    Actually, your right... I must have been changed into a gown..... ... ah well, I clearly wasn't paying that much attention by the end of it.