+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default spotting before period...tmi warning

Hi ladies, i'm going to see the dr about this next week but until then I was wondering if any of you could let me know possible reasons for spotting before AF is due? It has happend on 6DPO, 8DPO, 9DPO and 11 - 13DPO. Usually before AF I get one or two days of spotting but definately not what I have been having this cycle. It has been usually wn I wipe and difers in colour and consiency, sometimes just a couple of pink or red spots sometiems more moucus with brown streaks. I've done a HPT and it was neg so I'm assuming I'm not pregnant this month anyway. Any ideas what might be going on?
    We are TTC #2, DS is 10 months. Have not been on birth control for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It COULD be implantation spotting which, if it is, a pregnancy test wouldn't show positive just yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks :-) that is what I thought at first but that is usually only for a day or two isn't it? What I have had is about 6 days of spotting. I don't think I have any other preg symptoms though. Just very tired (have needed a nap everyday for the last week) but my son has been sick so I think tht is why i'm so tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi LaDolceVita,

You are right in saying that generally speaking implantation spotting is only usually for a day or two however, some women have many days of spotting associated with implantation such as:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/115361.html

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/114719.html

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/114521.html

The last one is from a member who normal gets spotting 2-3 days prior to AF and obviously experienced a significant increase with PG!

However, it is not to say that it is definately implantation in your case. Only time will tell. If you are concerned and it does seem to be reoccur then it might be worth having a chat with the doc.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that, I can keep my fingers crossed for a few more days yet
    I was reading on the net abut it and was wondering if had anything to do with low progesterone? obviously no one can tel me if this is the case until I see the dr and have some tests carried out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDolceVita View Post
    Thanks for that, I can keep my fingers crossed for a few more days yet
    I was reading on the net abut it and was wondering if had anything to do with low progesterone? obviously no one can tel me if this is the case until I see the dr and have some tests carried out.
    Spotting during your LP can be indicative of a progesterone deficiency as can a short LP and low temps during your LP. You'd need to get a 7DPO BT done to find out though.