+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS was 4.41kg, 37.5cm hc, 52cm long. I got a full episiotomy and 3/4deg tears. But he was delivered by ventouse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD: 3.6kg and 35cm head circumference. Failed induction ended in c-section because she was "stuck".

DS1: 4.1kg and 35.5cm head circumference. Successful hospital VBAC, 2nd degree tear (requested no stictches) and small graze.

DS2: 3.9kg and 36cm head circumference. Successful homebirth, no tears and no grazes.

After my DD I was told my pelvis was "too small", I proved them wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my DD was 4.024 KG with a 37.5 HC and was 62.5 cm long I had a little bit of tearing with her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My Ds was born 3.6kg head circumference was 35cm no tears here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like the birth with my first, never had any suspicion she was big during the pregnancy (and she wasn't), but i had a long 3 day labour which ended in an emergency c-section, i was 9cms dialated.. anyways she was only 7p7o and had a heard circ of 34cm which i think is average? somebody tell me if im wrong.

Anyways second pregnancy, they suspect my pelvis is too small, so they did a size scan, second bub 7p9o at 37 weeks, had an elective c-sec at 39+3 weeks, she was 8p11o with a 35.5cm head circ, they had to forcep her out, her head was stuck in my pelvis, good birth..

I didn't attempt a labour with my second so I can't say she defeniatly wouldn't have fit but wouldn't suprise me if i couldnt get my first out and she was 'average' size.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ANonnyMouse View Post
    Was he 54cm long?

If you tell me your labour was 102 minutes from go to whoa I'll have to charge you with identity theft! LOL

Geez - you even live in the same suburb I was in last!
    Haha, she was 51 cms long and sadly my labour was a little longer at 43 hours

I didn't know you are a brissie woman!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBleech View Post
    Haha, she was 51 cms long and sadly my labour was a little longer at 43 hours

I didn't know you are a brissie woman!
    Hope this doesn't sound rude, but I thought DS was a porker (especially compared to the 2.5kg throwback I had last time) but if your girl was shorter but the same weight she must have been a bit rounder? Did she get stuck coming out? DS got stuck HEAPS.... his head got stuck halfway out (up to his mouth! LOL), it took two contractions to get his chest and tummy out, and at one point he was stuck with all but his lower legs out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    35.5 here. He had to be vacced out after a 17 hour labour but that was because of shoulder dystocia. I'm 5'1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very interesting ladies. So if DD didn't get stuck and if I had dilated properly I might have been able to birth her naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ANonnyMouse View Post
    Hope this doesn't sound rude, but I thought DS was a porker (especially compared to the 2.5kg throwback I had last time) but if your girl was shorter but the same weight she must have been a bit rounder? Did she get stuck coming out? DS got stuck HEAPS.... his head got stuck halfway out (up to his mouth! LOL), it took two contractions to get his chest and tummy out, and at one point he was stuck with all but his lower legs out.
    Not rude at all. I can't believe I had a fat baby Ummmm, she didn't get stuck 'coming out' but she took a loooonnnnnggg time to turn from posterior to 'normal' position. I think (its all a little hazy because I was exhausted) that she took quite a while to finally crown but once we got to that point it was only another couple of contractions!

Sorry to derail the thread a little people!