+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Well I'm starting the reno's on our house. We're sadly doing it for sale though, and the house is in NSW while we live in Brisbane now. OH the joy of bad tenants.

I;ll have to get photos and update as we go. We've already ripped up the carpet and are going to sand and polish the floors. Repaint the whole house in white (oh so exciting).

We also need to fix the kitchen. Sadly it may well be beyond repair... I've got a cabinetmaker coming out to give me a quote to replace doors and benchtop only, but the kitchen had an old oven and cooktop (still in farenheight) so the cupboards are all too narrow for new appliances.

It's too much work with a newborn!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Izy - I have seen a friends house painted ALL the way through in white and it looks GORGEOUS!! -- just have to choose the right white - so many different tones, blue whites, yellow whites, warm whites, cool whites etc etc.

Have you thought about sussing out free cycle or a ebay or wharehouse for an second hand or ex display kitchen?? ---might work out cheaper if the one you have isn't salvagable?

oh and *hugs* >as an owner of a house that is being rented while we wait for the market to pick up..and although we have landlords insurance - I am still so nervous > already the rear roller door has been 'jimmied up' by some random walking down the lane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Been trying to get a second hand kitchen for a while No luck. Even just the doors... again no luck.

May end up being a much smaller open plan kitchen from bunnings flatpack! lol
    Can get a little kitchen for about $1500 from there. Will be two walls only, but at least it would be new looking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for other renovators!!
    We bought our house in October 2007 when I was 6 months pregnant with my first son. Between then and now, we've ripped out all the walls and ceilings in the 3 bedrooms and replaced them (this was decided after I stripped all the freakin wallpaper off them!), re carpeted and put in built-ins, new light fixtures and fans. Also had aircons installed. We ripped out the kitchen and put a new one one, and that's been it so far.
    It's taken 3 years to do it all because my partner works away, and spent his days off sanding and plastering (walls are gyprock, not fibro). It helps having a cabinetmaker for a brother and an electrician in my dad though

I think we'll be getting the living room done professionally, because it's impossible to spend so much time doing it ourselves and expect them not to touch anything! Bathroom and laundry are also on the list of things to do, as is an outside paint job

Chelsea I checked out your pics...they look fantastic!!! You guys did such a great job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello fellow renovators,
    I wanted to share with you all my saviour in the hopes it may help you out too. During the renovation of my bathroom this website was recomended to me- www. caroma.com.au. I suggest you check it out if your planning to do a bathroom or even a kitchen renovation. Its great for tips and advice and tutorials.
    Takes away the nightmare of sorting through hundreds of magazines and the hassle of having to visit lots of “home idea centres”. It is definitely a time saver and worth having a look at.
    I hope it helps you out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    got paintand floor laquer today. Got 40 litres of trade white $288, and 20 litres of floor laquer $234.
    Going to go down this weekend and get some work done with hubby. He'll be coming back up on sunday night, but i'll stay down there and try to get sugarsoaping done between feeds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck painting Izy!!Arrrggghh sugarsoaping is just sooo fun!!NOT!!LOL

I am painting up the breakfast bar this weekend,and finishing off touch ups on cupboards.Then I just have the floors to go!!which I am putting off as it will be a big job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    well we bought our first house a yr ago, and renos are not going too well due to lack of funds but loving the location.
    When we bought the house you couldnt see it from the road it was a jungle so that all went replaced by a bromeliad garden and vegie garden, we kept the big mango tree and i convinced dp to keep some frangipanis, so glad one came up pink, love em.
    We took out one lot of stairs out the back, well its a process lol the medal side pits and rungs are still there for dp to collect boat motors to work on and use them as a stand (sooo attractive not...glad its out the back lol).
    We fully fenced with very classy dog wire it will be replaced....one day.
    Dp fully enclosed one verandah with shade cloth, and 3/4 did the other one. our front verandah is 3 times the size of our lounge room and comes with ceiling fan love it.
    What annoys me now is dp works making carpet in a factory and is always bringing home offcuts to place around the house to save our hideous lino...the carpet makes it look even daggier. Men!!!
    He is gunna hang a heap of shelves up. in laundry, kitchen and ds1 room. Add that to gunna list.
    Theres so much i would do if i had the money. being cladded it could do with an outside paint. And a freshen up inside..i like nuetral boring as i am.
    My kitchen is sooooo small but i'm loving cooking with gas finally.
    We want to fully enclose with proper walls windows etc front verandah....one day making it the front entrance and lounge room, convert lounge now to dining and make the kitchen bigger...might have to put on lotto.
    The bathroom while some would think is daggy (has wood cladding half way up walls and around bath and sink i dont mind.
    Our house is pretty iold and daggy but it feels like a home. When we looked at houses so many new kit homes just didnt feel right.
    should put up photos when i can work it out. they will mainly be after ones as we were too slack to take photos to start with

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Well, with ALOT of cleaning we've found that the bedrooms don't need repainting, just the common areas

Going to go pay the deposit for a new kitchen tomorrow, and the boys are doing the deck today