+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2shop View Post
    dd1 is turning 3 in june and dd2 is 2 in october so not looking forward to any form of renos with the two kids..must be so exciting for you decorating up ur home!
    My boys are 2 and 5 in October!!!
    We should meet up!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah sure. I moved to gc a few mths ago so dont know many ppl. Have met some at a playgrp i go too.do u go to any?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope!!I am so slack,moved here 4 years ago and have never been to playgroup!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Luv2shop- doing renos ourselves! Getting the whole family in on it starting from scratch in the house and having 'contacts' to help with prices, paying for an electrician and plumber it came to about $35k. Next time paying someone to do it for me! Lol the physical stuff is fine, its the psycological side that almost made me crack good luck to you all!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello!
    we started from the very beginning with our house, started some time last year.. I think May? the house was so cheap and a total dump.. weatherboard.. kind of a beach shack..
    lots of renos going on in the area right now.

to date we have:
    ripped out our entire bathroom and are still in the process of doing the last bits there.. next month we have our friend whose a tiler coming to do a cashie for us we gyprocked all the walls ourselves and had a plumber put in a really nice vanity and new shower and a "mini di" bath.. it's basically a shower recess which can be used for a kiddie bath.. it has a bit of depth.. anyway the bathroom is useable but driving me insane

we ripped out the wall between the lounge and kitchen and opened that up, and blocked off the old entrance and turned that into a mini study..

painted all our walls..

ended up using vinyl lino sort of floors with a wooden look because our floorboards were quite damaged and it was too hard to get them looking good

levelled out our backyard and have grass growing out there and put down a concrete pad..

we turned the dining room into a bedroom by building a wall behind the doors into the kitchen and then turned that little space into a pantry..

so far it's been exhausting..
    I will try and put some pics up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow,you have been busy Youngnotdumb
    Would love to see the pics!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys
    Well have just spent weekend doign kitchen.
    Took off all the cupboards doors and repainted,painted walls,and did the bench.
    It was a mission,DH brought silicone sealer which couldnt be painted so we had to rip it all out around the tiles!
    Smooth surface sealed the bench,and was about to do 2nd coat when it just started melthing away!!Obviously tiles werent clean enough so had to take it all off again with meths!!
    Finally got the black down,it was soooo stinky!So just gotta do another coat on bench,then I will do floors!!
    have some pics on FB

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=ee4d853ef6

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We're renovating for the 2nd time, same house. Awesome fun, not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    great job with the kitchen chels!..very impressed with ur teamwork..my dh and i would be at each others throats if we attempted any project together!
    Hopefully i can start getting quotes for our reno nxt week..our plans r nearly done..woohoo!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea painting the tiles and bench top - let us know how it goes!
    Might have to consider paniting our laminate kitchen doors, so we have enough funds to do something in the main bathroom once we have completed our ensuite - this house doesn't have a bath! I WANT one!!

Has anyone tiled a walkin shower area?? It is something I have to do very soon and I am researching online how to go about it - there are special sloped bases, or I can build up with mud and waterproof ---- GOSh..I hope I get this right!!

Looks like the cooler weather is on it's way too - makes for more pleasant renovating - just PLEASE don't rain!! - have fun all