ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Talking Renovating your home?Come chat!!

Well,we bought a house in November.It was a tough slog,basically ALL of 2009 was spent trying to get a house and we went through SO much to finally get here!!!
    So good to finally have our own place!!
    We have done up boys room (outer space theme) and have converted garage into playroom.
    Done feature wall in lounge,and this weekend we are repainting kitchen.Cant afford to gut it and replace yet so are repainting walls,tiles,floors and bench until we can afford to replace!Lucky for me,,my bro works for Resene Paints so I get a good discount (if not free!!!)
    I always said,when I have a house I will paint every room a different colour,and its kinda heading that way and now I am like OMG,is this right?LOL
    Heres some pics of my house

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=ee4d853ef6

So please share your experiences,or post some pics coz I LOVE having a nosy at others houses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, can I join?

We have just bought our first house but we don't settle until March, but are planning to do it up. Luckily all it will need is cosmetic work so we'll do it bit by bit. So excited, can't wait to move!

Chels, your house looks great. Love the colours. The first thing we're going to do is paint. I've already got a heap of paint cards, but it's so hard to pick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Of course!!!

Painting is the best!!Hard work but ya love end result!!!
    Colour charts are the best!I spend hours looking over them

Congrats on your new house

Thanks
    Reviews
    we're renovating..well, going to be. We just have to wait and see how much the reno is going to cost as we're pretty much gutting the house versus knocking it down and starting all over...
    Whichever works out to be cheaper

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps. Chels..lovely home!! I live on the gc too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey!
    your pics look great!
    We reno'd our little house back home in Broken Hill...took us a while because we did most of it ourselves - plus I went through two pregnancies in 2 years!!

...we did the beige thing - I'm not brave enough to do different colours in everyroom...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=7740597822

now we have moved and found another little place that needs some lovin - but going slow - until our old house sells - we don't have the funds to go crazy...so far I have ripped out some cupboards and put in a dishwasher, pulled out an old hills hoist and put up a new clothes line (not the one in the pics :P that is just a wet weather one) ...ummm cut down a palm...but the main thing is ripping off the wall boards, knocking down some walls and starting to put up our new ensuite - going to attempt the tiling and everything myself ..DP doesn't have the patience!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=e6194e0d01

<just one of many albums - but I won't bore you with those :P

it's become an addiction!! I'm even 'renovating' the kids dolls house! it has carpet, wall paper etc etc - still a work in progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where abouts are you?
    We ended up buying in a complex in Labrador.All we could afford!!But bought a 3 bedroom townhouse with internal garage (the playroom) with small backyard,and pool in complex.
    Mortgage is so small,we are paying $6 more a week than when we were renting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm over @ broadbeach waters. We were out ur way this arvo with the kids actually..at that charis fish n chip place for dinner.
    Im hoping our house will be done whatever we decide to do because dd1 starts kindy nxt yr and i was going to move bak to my parents in brissy but ive enrolled her down here so ive told dh to hurry it up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Hey!
    your pics look great!
    We reno'd our little house back home in Broken Hill...took us a while because we did most of it ourselves - plus I went through two pregnancies in 2 years!!

...we did the beige thing - I'm not brave enough to do different colours in everyroom...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=7740597822

now we have moved and found another little place that needs some lovin - but going slow - until our old house sells - we don't have the funds to go crazy...so far I have ripped out some cupboards and put in a dishwasher, pulled out an old hills hoist and put up a new clothes line (not the one in the pics :P that is just a wet weather one) ...ummm cut down a palm...but the main thing is ripping off the wall boards, knocking down some walls and starting to put up our new ensuite - going to attempt the tiling and everything myself ..DP doesn't have the patience!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...3&l=e6194e0d01

<just one of many albums - but I won't bore you with those :P

it's become an addiction!! I'm even 'renovating' the kids dolls house! it has carpet, wall paper etc etc - still a work in progress
    Renos cost heaps!!Its the little things that count.
    Like we have been replacing fly screens,curtains,patching walls etc.So fun doing it all coz it YOURS,so worth the effort!!!
    Just googling your pics now,love the one of you regrouting!!LOL
    You did an amazing job on the house!!!!And u bought it for $35k????OMG!!!
    Be back after I have finished checking out pics

Thanks
    Reviews
    do u know a good builder?