+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow I feel very lucky and blessed. I actually don't need anything and can't ever remember desperately needing something and not being able to afford it. Hugs to everyone in this situation.

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    more hours at work. we're having trouble covering all the bills even on dp's 1200-ish fortnightly pay, especially since we had a phone bill, both cars' rego, one of the cars' comprehensive insurance, a couple of smaller bills and all that only a month after christmas, and that only a week after our anniversary.
    I think dp is considering cutting back or stopping drinking every day lol. she doesn't get drunk or even tipsy every day, it's her relaxing thing. i just think that more than one or two drinks is too much on a regular basis. i never thought i could possibly feel bad about that.
    we really do need more money too. our savings account is now almost non-existent, credit card is maxed, dp wants a new bed, we need to properly fence one side of the back garden (the neighbours' real estate can help but it's like 50 or 60m or summing and will cost a few thousand dollars) and we need to replace my car. and it'd be really, really nice to have phone credit again. i hate not having any

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't remember desperately needing anything in a financial sense for many years. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to say that. That item was a washing machine when mine died & my husband was off work after a serious work accident (he never worked again) & I was trying to keep us afloat. My parents helped out by paying half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is honestly NOTHING I desperatley need.
    My bills are up to date,there is plenty of food in our house,my family is happy and healthy and there is plenty of money in the bank if we do need something.I am blessed:skywriter:

But I just had to pay $40 to fix 2 tyres on car,(and need to get another fixed too)and need a service.And just had to pay $950 for 6 months worth of rates.That sux lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those needing things, have you tried Freecycle.org in your area....usually plenty of matresses and other things on offer......

I cant remember the last time we desparately needed anything, luckily, if we need something now we would be in trouble cause money isnt going anywhere as far as it used to, we have no savings or anything...so keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    But I just had to pay $40 to fix 2 tyres on car,(and need to get another fixed too)and need a service.And just had to pay $950 for 6 months worth of rates.That sux lol
    How was it so cheap for 2 tyres? What did they do to fix them?

My car needs a service but can't have one yet. But I don't feel "desperate" over it. Rates, insurance, rego, etc are all budgeted for by having a set amount each week coming out of one account into another account that I simply don't touch. That way when it comes up, it's there. Just a friendly hint for those who struggle with things like that, when they come in at the same time every year/6 months and at roughly the same amount each time

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the last thing I desperately needed was a washing machine a couple of years ago..... the auto I bought and the back up twin tub I had both died in the one week...... I was a little worried about where I would get the finances from, but would have been able to scrounge it up......

Thankfully my bestie came to the rescue, and had a spare machine sitting out the back of her house from when they upsized so very generously donated it to me....

Thankfully, I have everything I need, and don't desperately want for anything we couldn't go without.... touch wood!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Privacy........
    Our house finished So I can have some.
    We really need another $15000 to do that. Oh well life go on.......

Can't complain (too loudly) we have our health and we are all together ( maybe a little to close ) and that really all that matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    im with maire i desperately need to start again with a new body, one that has not been so so damaged *sigh* other than that, thankfully *knock on wood* i dont desperately need anything. and being on low income thats pretty good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunflowermummy View Post
    For those needing things, have you tried Freecycle.org in your area....usually plenty of matresses and other things on offer......
    I second this! I recently gave away my washing machine on there... it still worked, but needed a bit of TLC and a good clean out of the drum.