+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What was the last thing you desperately needed ?

With all these threads about incomes, income support and things that people need to buy I thought it might be interesting to see what was the last thing everyone desperately needed (or something you desperately need right now). I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a you should think yourself lucky sort of thread but more an insight into each others lives and something to give us a bit of perspective.

For me personally I desperately need a second car, I am so over running hubby around or going carless (no public transport here). But I have also been in the situation where we have scraped together our last 5c peices for bread and milk and where we went without hot water for a month before we could afford a new hot water system (thank god it was summer).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id love a second car. We got rid of DP'S (a 50,000 car costing us $480 a fortnight in repayments, let alone what we spent in petrol) and got hime a cheap bike instead. Now its up to me to do all the runarounds that involve the kids. sigh. It sucks. Id prefer it to come with a chaffeur too.....
    ]
    Although I would probably prefer a bigger car, my dream car...kia carnival. mmmm

What we need now at the moment actually is baby clothes. And other baby items. We are so broke that I am struggling to find the money to go to the big w sale and buy a pack of seven dollar outfits.

sniff. Right, pity party over!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't feel I desperately need anything materially (though I'm prob very low income compared to many on BH).

I do desperately need a new body though, if that counts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few

I desperately need a kettle - been boiling water in saucepan for too long

I desperately need a car seat for DD as she is way too big for the one she is in and its just dangerous.

I desperately need a new matress for my bed as the wires are poking out EVERYWHRE - I literally have to tuck them into the sheets when I make it.

I desperatly need some new clothes - I have only 1 pair of pants (yes sad but true) and I own a total of 3 tshirts. I own 3 pairs of undies and 2 bras - oh and I do have 1 pair of swimming shorts - embarressing to admit that!!

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    All i need is to somehow come up with my sons Gymnastic fees, his school fees, book fees and soccer fees. And pay my electricity bill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymuma View Post
    I have a few

I desperately need a new matress for my bed as the wires are poking out EVERYWHRE - I literally have to tuck them into the sheets when I make it.
    Ooh, good one. Mines a foam mattress, I feel all the slates underneath.

sam's mum is offline and Amelia's and Belle's too....
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    sleep.

I have worked over 50 hours in the last 4 days. and that is what was on the clock. that doesn't the half hour each day that got recorded as lunch that I ate at my desk, it doesn't count the time I sat at Melbourne airport Tuesday night waiting for my flight home.

Add travel time on top...

I just want to sleep. kids will be in bed soon, and so will I. maybe tonight they will sleep through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My car fixed

It met with an Echo yesterday & has seen better days.

Poor bogandore.

Oh & if someone would like to pay DF's phone bill, be my guest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We desperately need $10,000 to pay my dad back, the bank buggered us around and took all out FHOG so we couldnt pay him back

That and we desperately need money for fencing. The property we bought has a makeshift road going through it to a swimming hole, and people have no respect and float straight past our house kicking up dust and endangering my DS and animals, so i want to fence it all off so they dont come onto our property

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    desperately needed? sanity