ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Worried about CVS this week and results?

I am 20 years old. My partner and I found out we were pregnant 6 weeks ago. It was a suprise, but a blessing too. We recently went and had a Trans-Nuchal (NT) Scan and a PAPP-A and HCG blood work and it came back with a risk of 1:213 for Trisomy 13+18 {for my age group the doc said I should be around 1:1800} and 1:312 for Downs Syndrome Trisomy 21. Given these results the doc said I should have a CVS done. Which is booked in for this current Thursday afternoon. I am scared, confused, stressed among other feelings and I am having trouble enjoying what I was lead to believe is a happy glorious time in a womans life... pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced what I am going thru? Also I am a needlephobic. So the fact that they have to give me a local and then stick a giant needle into my guts terrifies me. It would be good to hear some CVS stories too.
    Love .. XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been where you are personally lollygobble but feel for you hun.....cross fingers everythings a-ok .........good luck for thursday.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been where you are personally lollygobble but feel for you hun.....cross fingers everythings a-ok .........good luck for thursday.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Country Deb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did it go? I hope it all went well for you. I've only ever had an amnio which was a big needle too, but it was fine. Let us know that you are ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I am ok. Traumatic experience tho. Three days on and ive had no spotting. I was a lil crampy for a couple of days. I got a call from the genetics counsellor telling us we dont get FISH results, as our sample was too small
    So we have to wait three weeks for the full report

will keep u updated
    thanks for ur concern

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad things went well so far. That's so hard having to wait 3 weeks. Try to take it easy - I know it's easy to say to take your mind off it and a lot harder to do though! Well done making it through the CVS - us pregnant women are a brave bunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending positive vibes your way.

I thought waiting 12 Hours for FISH results was bad enough I couldn't imagine waiting 3 weeks.

Goodluck & keep us posted, you have support no matter what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey.

Im 23 years old and was given a 1:20 chance of T21. You are so brave for going through with the CVS. I was all set to have an amnio and freaked out last minute and declined. Havnt had any abnormalties picked up in further scans which is positive. I am currently waiting it out and even though i have no regrets for not going through with the amnio it has still been a stressful time so i completely understand how you must feel at the moment.

I won't tell you to not stress because its impossible but be positive because theres more of a chance that bub is perfectly fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy8866 View Post
    hey.

Im 23 years old and was given a 1:20 chance of T21. You are so brave for going through with the CVS. I was all set to have an amnio and freaked out last minute and declined. Havnt had any abnormalties picked up in further scans which is positive. I am currently waiting it out and even though i have no regrets for not going through with the amnio it has still been a stressful time so i completely understand how you must feel at the moment.

I won't tell you to not stress because its impossible but be positive because theres more of a chance that bub is perfectly fine
    This all i know right, but theres this gut instinct feeling that i cannot explain and its worrying me more. Brave! No.. you should have seen me in the operation room. I was having panic attacks left right and centre and no matter what my partner said...i couldnt listen. all i could think about was the fact that A GIANT HUGE NEEDLE WAS GOING TO BE STICKING OUT OF MY GUT AND GOING TO TAKE AWAY SOME OF MY PLACENTA - this just doesnt sit right with me

anyways, what seems like month has actually been one week and its driving me up the wall

And yes, everyone is like dont worry it will be fine. BUT I AM GOING TO STRESS ITS MY BABY!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH