ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you aren't working or studying, why would you want to use after school care anyway? Apart from school holidays of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxcoop View Post
    If you aren't working or studying, why would you want to use after school care anyway? Apart from school holidays of course.

Some people use after school care just so that there child care is cheaper. The more kid's you have in care the cheaper it get's. As you get more from the grovment for each child in care.

I know a few mum that only use after school care because of the above.

Yes I think that SAHM should only get one after noon a week after school. They should still get 24 hours on the school hoilday's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it depends on the family situation and if there is illness in either the child, parent or sibling.
    If the stay at home carer/parent isn't coping too well and it helps them be able to recoup and cope when they do have the child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it NEEDS to be prioritised with something like daycares- where if a child at risk needs a place- they get it 1st
    then single working/full time studiers gets 2nd priority and same for 2 full time working parents.
    and if theres then parents who arent wokring and arent studying etc... and their child is in ASC then that childs spot should be given to a chil dfrom priority 1 or 2 if they need it.

It sucks when you are desperate for work but cant accept a job offer due to having no one to care for your child- then you see parents who simply put their kid sin care jus tcos they can- then go home and watch tv- read mahazones etc.... for the time the child is in care.

Yes we all need breaks(being a single parent who has studied full time for the past 3 yrs and not had my child in care or babysat by anyone, I know that) but seriously if people have genuine needs for a place they should get it over someone simply needing a break.

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Yeah I don't get it either. Nor do I understand why you need care during school holidays if your not studying/working
    Well i used it for DS last school holidays, but it was only because it was something fun for him to do. They done different things on different days like science and cooking.

But i done that on the last 2 weeks of the holidays cause he was getting so bored, so i think it does come in handy and it was only $3.50 a day.

But i really don't understand why someone would do it during school time. I mean your kids at school all day! Why would you need anymore time? You would never see yoru kids apart from weekends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    I think it NEEDS to be prioritised with something like daycares- where if a child at risk needs a place- they get it 1st
    then single working/full time studiers gets 2nd priority and same for 2 full time working parents.
    and if theres then parents who arent wokring and arent studying etc... and their child is in ASC then that childs spot should be given to a chil dfrom priority 1 or 2 if they need it.

It sucks when you are desperate for work but cant accept a job offer due to having no one to care for your child- then you see parents who simply put their kid sin care jus tcos they can- then go home and watch tv- read mahazones etc.... for the time the child is in care.

Yes we all need breaks(being a single parent who has studied full time for the past 3 yrs and not had my child in care or babysat by anyone, I know that) but seriously if people have genuine needs for a place they should get it over someone simply needing a break.
    A child at risk gets first priority, then a child of a working/studying/looking for work parent gets in next. But it's up to each individual centre whether they cease care for existing children. Most places don't unless it's a child at risk, then they have to. But most places only arrange the actual waiting list according to priority of care, and not the already existing enrollments. When it comes to those who are meeting the work/study/training requirements, siblings of children in care are given priority, then children of staff at the centre, then other children. That's with most centres, but some cancel existing spots or reduce days to make way for those who are meeting the work/study/training requirements.

I think it should be dropped during the school term, but not over holidays. They do some really cool stuff on holidays and for those with younger children in particular it might be hard to get out and spend a day at bowling, or a day at Mini Golf, so it is something fun for the kids to do. I think it should be left at 24 hours for school holidays.