+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6yr old still wetting the bed!!

My dd is 6 (7 in june) and still wets the bed just about every night, sometimes she may go 2 nights but thats rare!......she usd to be able to go weeks with out wetting around 6-12 months ago, But now its every night, i have got "nighttime pants" for her but she will not wear them, she takes them off after i leave the room or just before she goes to sleep!.. Should i be worried???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has there been any changes in your house lately that could have sparked her into wetting the bed? Maybe she is anxious about going back to school or a new baby on the way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this is probably very frustrating for you, and if you are extreme;y concerned you can always go see your gp.

That said I wet the bed until I was 11 (I do not like admitting that). I didn't every night, but quite often I just did not wake up when I needed to go, instead I would wake after, or half way through. My mum tried eveything but nothing helped, and in the end I just grew out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this is probably very frustrating for you, and if you are extreme;y concerned you can always go see your gp.

That said I wet the bed until I was 11 (I do not like admitting that). I didn't every night, but quite often I just did not wake up when I needed to go, instead I would wake after, or half way through. My mum tried eveything but nothing helped, and in the end I just grew out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    i agree with going to the doctors. i was another late bed wetter which is embarrassing also to admit(i was lucky i had a friend who wet the bed and we grew out of it together at the age or about 11 or 12 so sleep overs were never a problem as her mum didnt mind). i think a big change is definately one thing to keep an eye out for, anything dramatic that has happened or even something little.

one thing my parents use to do was wake us up throughout the night which also helped but not all the time but as PP said, all kids grow out of it.

goood luck