+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Question New at TTC and struggling to make sense of it all...

Hi,

My first ever post so bare with me! This is the third month trying and I'm finding it difficult to understand and interpret all the info. Who knew there was so much to it!

Have tried the Maybe Baby but got random ferning patterns at different times of the month. Started using OPK test sticks this month but when I had EWCM about 3-4 days ago the OPK was negative (and has been since).

According to the ovulation calculators I should have ovulated yesterday/today/tomorrow but I'm confused about all the mixed signals!!

Has anyone else found it hard to work it all out?? Feeling a bit stranded so let me know if you're in the same boat!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found the book "Taking charge of your fertility" By Toni weschler was really really good. Explains just about everything you need to know, heaps of examples etc...

All the best with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    MB's work on estrogen surges & some women have them at different times throughout the cycle therefore they don't work for them. The majority of women only get estrogen surges mid cycle (O time) and just before AF.

OPK's also don't work for all women - not all women get enough of a surge of the hormone they detect.

I found temping was the best thing to do.

I joined Fertility Friend online & startng charting my temperature each morning before rising. It's simple to do and I could easily see when I had O'd. You only know you've O'd after the fact but after a while you get to know your cycle & you can ensure you DTD at the right time of the month.