+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lower Back pain getting bad now...help

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and have never suffered from lower back pain till now.
    About a week ago I started to get it and now it's getting to the point where I cant sit for more then 10min because of the pain.
    Also the pain comes through my right side.
    Anyone else had it?
    What can I do? I have to work and I have a desk job, I'm freaking out because the pain is really getting to the point where I can't handle it and I don't want to take pain killers. Well not many anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi,
    i had this with my first and i have it again with my second. you should get it checked out by a dr. i ended up doing physio during my first and was on bed rest for the time other than when i was doing my physio exercise. i doubt you will have the same thing as me as aparently what my problem is is really rare... i have an old back injury and pregnancy causes one of my discs to push on a nerve and cause me pain and to loose feeling in parts of my leg. but do get it checked. they only picked it up this time around what my actual problem is. there are exercises and belts that you might find helpful. ask your gp for a referal to physio. they can work wonders.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had back pain like no one business because of the weight i was carrying. Could do much more than take panadole & codeine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the exact same problem when I was working at a desk job during my first pregnancy. The only advice I can give is to watch your posture and make sure everything at your desk is positioned well. By that I mean, that your chair is at the right height, your feet are flat on the floor (or use a foot rest if need be), make sure your computer screen is at eye level and you don't have to reach far for your telephone etc. You don't want to be making too many reaching / twisting movements while you're working as it will aggravate it.

I also discovered the office sick room (if your workplace has one) is great for a lay down during lunch breaks!

I had a wonderful hubby would would massage my lower back every evening. I wouldn't have been able to walk without my warm showers and back massages in the evening.

Good luck with it. I hope you have a sympathetic / understanding boss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel Anushka. I'm 20 wks and for the past week I've had the most horrendous back pain. I don't have any problem during the day (which is strange since I'm pretty much desk bound for 8 hours) but it hits as soon as a lie down.

BabyPaparazzi is offline Children are constantly changing, Parent as constantly adapting
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are suffering bad back pain the best thing you could do is get yourself referred to a physio, most hospitals will have a antenatal physio program, they will check your symptons and diagnose any problems.

Sometimes it may just be a misalignment of your pelvis radiating the pain up your sides or back, other times something a bit more complicated such as sacrolliac joint dysfunction.

Its always best to get it checked just in case, no point suffering if it can be helped.

I suffered with problems end of my 1st pg and after birth, and was told it was normal, second time round same thing from straight away and was diagnosed with sjd and got treatment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    you might find standing to be your best option. sitting is not good.

but prepare to give work a break for some months. its not going to get any easier.

a back support belt may give you some relief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ouch, you poor thing. I had back pain too but I was told to make sure I bend and pick things up with my legs and also make sure that I don't have a lot of tension. It actually got better for me as time went on.. maybe because of the relaxin? I'm not sure. I would go and see your GP or a chiro and see what they can do for you. I hope it eases up soon!

Bex is offline Pushy Princess Perfects Don't Push On Me I Bite :P
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a bad back where my hole body gets twisted and my right hip get heap higher than the other.

Other than the great tips from the others I would get a wheat bag (if you have a microwave at work) Just warm it and put it on ur lower back while sitting at ur desk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Anushka. I am 18 weeks pregnant and i am also suffering from lower back pain. I work in childcare looking after children between 18months-3years of age which requires quite abit of lifting.Not sure how long i will last!