+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My babies will be 13 months apart, anyone with similar age gap?

I posted this in What Gap Between Babies, but I got only one response, so I hope no one minds that I reposted it here, this chat seems to have more viewers than the other one.

I have a son, who is 6 and a half months, and I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am a single mum, and I just wanted to see how others coped with similar age gaps? If my next baby comes on its due date, 25 august, my son wont even be 14 months old until 9 september!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

Im not a single mum but i thought ill answer anyways. im due to have DS in 2 and half weeks a day before dd's first birthday. Im not sure how im going to cope as dd will only be 12 months old. I think personally once bub is here its going to be rocky for the first few weeks until we can get both of them in a pattern thats the same. But i do wish you luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ,

I had a 15mth age gap, but my first bub was 7 weeks premmie, so they were essentially 13 months apart. My first bub was still very much a baby when I had my second and my first didn't walk until 19 months!!

The very close age gap was pretty hard for the first 4-6 months, especially as their sleeping patterns were so different - I always had one awake during the day and was doing overnight feeds as well! There were lots of tears, and I was so tired. My husband worked 6 days a week, leaving at 5:30am and getting home around 6pm, so I was alone most of the time!

Now the girls are great together (although they do have their regular tiffs ) and things are so much easier, and all they know is that they've always had each other!

But I think the first few weeks/months with any new baby are a learning curve, especially as every baby can be so different, but similar also.

Good Luck with the new bubbas ladies! It's so worth it xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi

I'll be watching this thread too. I have just fallen pregnant, and have a five month old son. When bub is born, DS will be about 13 and a half months old I know it's most likely going to be rocky to begin with, but it will all be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant again when my baby was only 4 weeks old!! I am now about 17 weeks and he is 21 weeks old. I just keep telling myself that there is a reason that this baby was conceived. I don't know what it is yet! Maybe it will be the little girl we so desperately wanted and thought we'd never have.

How to handle it. Well, I figure I already get no sleep. I'm already busy all day. I already get followed to the toilet and have to sweep every crumb off the tiles 3 times a day. I already wash the clothes, undies and towels of 7 people, scrub 2 toilets and baths, change 12 nappies, make 8 or 9 bottles, wipe numerous dirty faces etc. What's one more? I probably won't even notice the difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 & 2 are 12 months & 10 hrs apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    In watching this thread too. My dd is 7 months old and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. There will be a 14 month age gap between them

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD and DS are 14 months apart.
    They play with each other really well and are best friends most of the time.
    But when they are over tired they both gizz each other up heaps.
    It can be tough at times though, with them close together.

MagicalLeopluradon is offline Shun the non believer shunnnn shunnnnnn
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is going to be 10 1/2 months between my two boys if DS2 comes on his due date....I think I will go early though as DS1 was 3 weeks early!

DS1 was born April 6 and DS2 is due Feb 25th....

Yes it will be very challenging and hard at first but I am loving the fact that my two boys will be close together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow I jsut looked at this for curiousity sake... i didnt know there were sooo many mums with bubs soo close together !!! good on you ladies !!! sending you all HUGS