Closed Thread
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Allyoop thanks for the info, I like how that worked out for you Yeah I was thinking about the visitors too and I reckon I wouldn't want anybody at all til the next day except maybe for my Mum.
    Went to physio this morning. As I suspected, my pelvis is buggered. She said she usually gets preggies in at 28 weeks cos the Relaxin kicks in to prepare the pelvis for labour (eek!) but if you're prone to pelvic problems you can have trouble sooner than that. And there's no point in realigning my pelvis now cos the Relaxin will ruin whatever they do so it's basically just pain relief for now plus I have to wear a support brace!!!! Not happy It was pretty awesome lying on my front though cos they have a belly pillow. First time in months I've done that!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jet- tell me more about this belly pillow thing lol

Ally- yup feel all better. I just find lately if I get up and rush around, breakfast, shower, doing my hair etc, i feel kinda dizzy and sick. Then I get to work and need to just relax for 20 mins and then I am all good

Thanks to all the girls giving us info who have been there before- mumtohaylz, ally etc. We can try and prepare ourselves the best we can but u gals have been there before lol.
    right now I am trying to sort out what happens if I go into labour when we have the stepkiddies.. we have them every second weekend.. one of my besties lives around the corner and has a girl their age and they are all friends so i will drop the girls off there I think and arrange their mother to pick them up from there or get my sister to drive them to her house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh jet i meant to ask as well- is there lots of pain with your pevis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe Hopeful just google belly pillow and it should be the first one you see. I checked the pics and yep that's definitely the one (blue cover). I cannot believe how good it felt to have the weight taken off my back & hips!!

Wow you're very organised with the stepkids - good on you for thinking of that scenario now and not later LOL

PS Hopeful yes there is a LOT of pain. The past few days I get random shooting pains up my pubic bone area, I also get a lot of shooting pains up my left leg & left buttock, every time I get up I have to hold my tailbone cos it hurts so much just to get up, and at night don't even get me started on my hips I also feel my pelvis move and grind, which is really unpleasant. Since the physio this morning I haven't had ANY pain which is AWESOME. Prob won't last though so I will enjoy it while I can!! This support thing seems to be working but it's quite uncomfortable to wear - it's like those tubular bandages you put on sprains? Except it's bigger cos it's around my pelvis & belly. Which is quite nice actually, only problem is when it starts to roll and dig in!!!
    Last edited by JetGirl; 20-01-2010 at 10:20. Reason: Hopeful's question

Thanks
    Reviews
    mum2haylz / ally - thanks for your stories and experiences, it's good to hear it from someone who's done it already. My sister didn't have to wait 24hours for her son to be bathed, so I wonder if it's down to hospital policy or if slowly all hospitals will do the 24hour thing. I'll have to ask a few others but if it's best for the baby then it's probably a good idea just to wipe them down until they are ready.

JetGirl - I am having fortnightly massage now, my lower back is all out of whack and the lady said no point doing anything until after I have given birth, until then she can just massage and take some pain away. The pain hasn't been too bad, but my right side aches a lot from shoulder to knee and it's the relaxin, extra weight coupled with existing back problems from an accident years ago. Apparently pregnancy is the time when all your back problems become apparent.

ally - I'm going to have to get on top of them about the consent forms because so far they have stuffed up three appointments and nearly booked me in for my 36 week appointment for what would have been about 6 weeks after my due date! I wouldn't be at all surprised if they 'forgot' to give me my consent forms. The less time I spend in that place the better I say...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki, I'm glad the massage helps and that we're being told the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow alot to catch up on!

Ally ~ Nate Aaron .. love it! Thor not my cup of tea sorry - however may have something to do with a friend who had a moronic BF called Thor? Is there a Thor on Bold and the Beautiful?

Jet Girl ~ I was talking with one of the physios at work last night re my pelvic pain which is highly exacerbated at the end of a shift.. she also recommended the support brace. I am definatley going to buy one.. if i can track one down... most unflattering however if it does the job.. I am happy!

Hopefulmamma ~ hope you aren't nauseated throughout the whole day ... I feel off a bit too today, but have just worked two evening shifts...so maybe that is why i feel a bit jetlagged!!

As for me reflexology at 1 pm... can hardly wait i have it every week the guy that does it is unreal and only charges his preggies 25 bucks for 40 mins... maybe he can fix my pelvic pain today.. anyway must head into town and do some shopping... I'm hungry.. hopefully I won't put chocolate in the trolley!

Have a super day ladies xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - the day after my massage last time I was in so much pain but after that it got a lot better and I've noticed much less pain in the two weeks following. Hope it keeps working for a few more weeks.

Hopeful - I've had moments of nausea over the last few weeks, if I eat something too sweet or if I eat too much in one sitting I feel sick and the feeling lasts for a few hours. Might be hormones or that my stomach is getting squashed. Sometimes bubs moving around gives me motion sickness

Surfergal - If the brace will help with the pain I'd go for it, our bodies are only going to be put under more stress in the coming weeks.

Heartburn was back with a vengeance last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surfergal let me know what brace you get. When I go back next week the physio is going to see whether the tubigrip thingo is working or whether I need something stronger (and more expensive, grrr)! I had to wear a sacro-iliac-joint brace a few years ago which I absolutely hated so hopefully they have something more appropriate for preggies these days

Nikki it's so cute how you laughed about the baby giving you motion sickness

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - bub reguarly kicks my groin and bladder these days, and I jump in pain sometimes then I just smile and DH thinks I am crazy to be so happy to feel someone kicking me. No matter how much they beat me up in there, feeling them move just makes me smile though Although sometimes I do have to give them a poke so they move into a more comfortable position.

BTW that pain you are having sounds just like mine, the shooting down the hip and leg. Mine also goes right up to the shoulder, except mine is on the right side.