Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mmmm ice cream...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkles - you are right, it is a unique experience your baby will only be born once and however that happens it will be a moment I doubt you will forget. In your case babies

sufergal - wish I craved ice-cream instead... I actually have that in the house. Chocolate I might have to send DH out for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jet Gal... lol seems you like what i like .. love it!

Nikki ~ Could you get your DH to pick me up some too? lol I'll have Cadburys black forrest please.. love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yum ... all this talk of chocolate is making me hungry!

Jetgirl - I am sure the OB has heard it all before but I am the same .. I hate saying anything that might be slightly embarrassing and I debate with myself on whether to use the correct terms (e.g breasts instead of boobs) when telling him stuff

Oh and thanks to the Melb girls for your pm's - very helpful. I have become obsessed with the property websites and should probably settle down a bit until I know if the move is going ahead or not

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LillyJack. Yeah I just die whenever I have to talk about intimate stuff. DH is the same, you should have seen our red faces when meeting the FS for the first time!! I'm also freaking out that the OB will want a look!! AGH!!
    Well after being on a course for 3 days last week, I came back to 250 emails Today is MENTAL. Which makes me want chocolate... but I get weighed at the OB later so maybe not the best option!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just on the topic of FOOD lol... The last few days i have woken up in the morning absolutley STARVING. This is so not me! This morning I had a bowl of cereal with easiyo yoghurt and milk, plus two pieces of vegemite toast and a glass of OJ! What the? Who eats all that... Gone has my 64kg body! I keep on harping onto the obs about my weight but he doesn't really seem to be to concerned??? I just so hope it all comes off quick smart lol!

Who knows what about the strep B swab at 36 weeks? Apparently a high vaginal swab is taken for Strep B? If you come back positive you have to have antibiotics....?? Anybody else having this done? Or is it just my hospitals policy?

Also who is private and who is public? We decided on private due to my high risk (and the public hospital here is ) So we are going to John Flynn Private, Gold Coast! We are really really happy with obs and hospital. we start our ante natal classes on saturday the 20th March.

If anybody private what did you guys pay in obs management fee? We only paid $1800, but unfortunatley missed the 80 percent rebate by 1 week, so we only got the capped amount of 460 back . However I said to DH at least we got the max amount on IVF back prior to safety net being reassesed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls
    well I am at home again today- doctors orders. I went to monash last night as I had had some decreased baby movements but it was soo cool, they found bobs heartbeat straight away with the dopler and my god it was loud and strong yay!
    however, my BP was up quite high. Probably because I was stressed about bob but they kept me there for a few hrs and it wasn't really going down so they put me on some tablets which took it down straight away so they sent me home with a script. There was no protein in my urine so no pre eclampsia fears, the dr thinks its probably just gestational hypertension.. but I feel fine today, getting lots of rest, and can go back to work tomorrow. They will probably moniter me a little more closely for the rest of the pregancy but I am totally ok with that lol.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful... pheww glad everything is ok.. this is going to sound somewhat crazy, but the last few days I had been stressing about madam as she hadn't been moving as much as before... however last night in bed she made up for the lack of it.. strange hey! I also see we are due so close together ... maybe our bubs have the same train of thought??? Lets freak our mummas out hey!!

Glad you are ok, take it easy today

Thanks
    Reviews
    surfergal- lol i know! Last night after being to monash he/she was moving around heaps lol- but I am glad I went otherwise I wouldn't have known my BP was up!!
    oh i meant to say as well- I am public and have only had two midwife appts to date.. but I was treated so well at Monash last night, it was very reassuring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surfergal - I just had my swab for Step B this morning - it was pretty simple and straight forward.

I was actually Step B positive for both of my previous pregnancies and it's no big deal, they just give you anti-biotics via an IV when you are in labour and they keep a closer eye on bubs for the first 48 hours after birth.

I also just did my GTT - yuck, that stuff is so gross, I wanted to spew it back up the entire time! Sitting around for an hour is so boring too, they should provide you with a bed so you can nap I reckon

Hopeful - glad everything was ok with "bob". I often don't notice any movements but I think it's because I'm always so busy! When I lay in bed and concentrate though I feel my little one wriggle around like mad!