Closed Thread
Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Crikey Nikki do you reckon that's what it is? Should I start wearing nipple pads? This is so weird lol. I think I'm still in denial!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki.. thanks for that... Some of the 'older' midwives at work roll their eyes at me.. even when i tell them why... They think you should try natural until the bitter end and then present for a C.. there is no way I would want an emergency C if it could be prevented...

Jet Gal... yep you got a bit of colostrum happening there sweets.. I have had it for yonks... especially when i wake up in the morning.....

hey anyone got food cravings today... My God I need chocolate.. or i feel like making some caramel popcorn.... to lazy to go to the shops for choc and to lazy to cook! so looks like I miss out!

Only one week until DH gets home... so lonely without him.......Usually I would spend time surfing but thats to hard these days with a big fat gut! So I am just plodding around the house with the puppies.... We have some major stuff to do when he gets home.. move one spare bedroom into another ... put the cot up.. get the car seat sorted.... Its all happening!
    Last edited by surfergal; 07-02-2010 at 15:48. Reason: addit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    surfergal - we still have heaps to do too. Some of the furniture that we need to set up the new spare room will arrive next week so after that we can finish clearing out the baby's room, then pick up our lay-by's then start putting the room together. Can't wait!

Jetgirl - You crack me up!!! I haven't seen/heard anyone use the term crikey in ages and now that I have it comes from this thread's newest Australian!! Go girl!! Sounds like your body's made some definite changes overnight. How freaky!

Nikki - Don't worry I wont be feeling guilty at all. In fact if a c/s is what is needed I'd rather know sooner than later so I can start preparing for it (ie ask about hospital c/s procedures, think about what to pack to make recovery easier etc).

Does anyone else like feeling their tummy to try to figure out what body parts are there? Quite often I can feel baby through the skin and I try to figure out which baby part I can feel. .... most of the time I have no idea. DH finds it just fascinating - I think it makes it seem so much more real to actually feel the baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL angeleish!!!
    I envy you - I have too much padding to be able to feel baby parts!
    Ooh surfergal - popcorn! Yum!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    angeleish - the only body part I think I've felt is the head, and that's because it's round and pretty firm and sometimes causes my belly to look lopsided, soon enough though I suspect I'll see more.

sufergal - yeah I went through a fixation with chocolate and I could still eat it now but I am a bit worried I am loading my body with unnecessary sugar. The baby gets very active when I eat too much chocolate As for those midwives say, I guess it's just the start of the guilt that everyone tries to make you feel about being a mum, if it's not the labour it's the breastfeeding if it's not that it's the crying or the discipline. It'll never end so I am developing selective hearing

jetgirl - yeah, your body is just in practice mode. I haven't needed any pads yet, I find it only happens in the mornings and sometimes late at night. I would however be wearing a bra when out and about so at least that gets wet first. A friend of mine started leaking early and she ended up with wet patches on her t-shirt at the local supermarket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Craving banana big m's like you wouldn't believe...haven't caved yet but it's all ive wanted for the last couple days...I hate bananas any other time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just going to add that you can't do it right in other people's mind's no matter which you go anyway. When I tell people I am going to try to have a natural birth they laugh at me and tell me I'll cave... thanks for the moral support. So it seems drugged up, c-section or natural we are all doing it wrong, who'd have guessed...

I love bananas but only when they are ripe and firm after that they are just gross. I think I really want chocolate now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah you can't win at all can you!!
    I just had a nectarine - YUM!!!
    God I am cringing big time about tomorrows OB visit coz I guess I have to tell him about the leaking will I ever get used to the mortification!!!!
    Thanks Nikki for the advice. I have to wear bras when out or I would give myself a black eye lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's howy dh loves bananas too Nikki, just ripe and even a little green.

I think each of us will have such a unique experience on birth day that we will love it no matter how bubs arrives. Surfergal, I'm expecting a c sec also but holding out that the twins turn. Found a great website on turning twins which I'm finding fascinating, hoping it gets the moving around, ATM the are cozy and lazy, just like their mamma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually the chocolate infactuation has relented for now... I am needing ICE CREAM!