Closed Thread
Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aw great pics sparkles!
    Nikki I too am Incredibly tired and I look it. It's like the first tri all over again!

Does anybody have heartburn? I've had a lump in my throat all week and keep feeling spewy but not nauseous, IYKWIM
    Last edited by JetGirl; 04-02-2010 at 20:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sparkles - gorgeous pics and what great detail! You can clearly see bubs face

Nikki and Jetgirl - it must be the day for tiredness. I had a lay down with my DS today (he slept for 2 hours which was a nice break for me) but I didn't actually fall asleep. I can never sleep during the day for some reason.

I am feeling really fat and horrible today. I have been eating A LOT so that would probably explain it but some of it may be fluid (that's my excuse anyway) ... I'm just now really looking forward to meeting bub and getting back to "normal" whatever that is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heartburn - yes yes it is so painful, I have had it all day and on and off for about two weeks now. I didn't want to whinge about it, but not even mylanta is easing it at the moment

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had heartburn ... there is an old wives tale that says heartburn means you have a baby with a lot of hair! Not sure how "scientific" that one is ha ha ... but there could be something in it. I've never got it and both my babies were born pretty much bald

Thanks
    Reviews
    good morning everyone

Sparkles: beautiful photos! I can't wait to have my tourist 3D scan towards the end of March to see what bubs may look like. I'm soo looking forward to it.

hopeful: i have noticed my pulse in my tummy more easily etc. last pg i also got heart palpatations etc at some stage throughout the pg which is again very common but havent had them yet this time around.

jetgirl: ive had heartburn on and off and some days VERY badly! I use Rennies some mild HB and then i use pure unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar mixed into water when it's bad and it keeps it away all day long! Tastes pretty gross but it really does do the trick.

As for birthing etc: I too think it's important to go in with a plan/idea of what you want and not go in blind - otherwise you'll have no control over the situation. However you also want to have an open mind as to what may/can go wrong and be prepared for that. It is incredible the number of women who feel ripped off by their birthing experience and that tends to lead down the PND path quite easily and thats the last thing anyone wants! I don't know if BH has a section on it or not but a few of the bigger Aussie parenting/pg forums certainly do on disappointing birth experiences etc and how they made the women feel and how it affected them.

As for DH and time off: DH will have a few days off around the birth and then go back to work and then once bubs is 6 weeks old or so he will take another week or two off then to actually get to bond with bubs. When first born most babies literally just feed and then go back to sleep so there is no daddy bonding time really (unless they change their nappies and bath them) but they become more alert/awake after that 6wk growth/development spurt and have slightly more awake time. Most people I know also recommend DH taking the time off around the 6wk mark too. However it will probably be nice to have someone around to help with washing/cooking/cleaning etc in those first few weeks while you get yourself sorted into a routine etc. My mum will be here after DH goes back to work and then MIL will come down for a visit etc. By the time they've both gone it will probably be around 6 weeks and time for DH to be home for a week or two. DH doesnt get to take as much time as he'd like as he's studying distance ed and has to take time off to go to intensive school twice this year and he's also taking 4 weeks off in Dec and we're going with Canada.

I can't beleive some of you are only 11 weeks away! How exciting! I've still got 17.5 weeks to go and it feels like its forever! Has anyone started washing all of bubs things yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthangel I've washed the sheets and towels and March is going to be my baby clothes washing month
    I did recommend to DH that he wait to take tine off but he's adamant he wants to be home for our first week at home, which is really sweet. My brother and his GF are oming to stay for a few weeks in June so DH will hopefully take some more time off then. World Cup time yay!
    Thanks for sharing your heartburn woes, I feel better already lol. Last day of my course today. I'm so bloody tired.
    Last edited by JetGirl; 05-02-2010 at 08:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    YAY on it being your last day of your course Jetgirl! I am dog tired too today - couldnt get comfy last night and woke up with a very sore back from sleeping funny i guess. I dont know what it is but always at this stage of pg i want to sleep on my tummy!

There's a good website (trying to promote their book) called the wonder weeks which goes thru babies stages of development and when these 'leaps' will occur. http://www.thewonderweeks.com/

It's handy for keeping in mind if youve had a good baby in a nice routine and then it all goes to hell and you dont know why - its usually do to one of these developments leaps and all will return to normal soon. I remember with DD a stage when she was probably around 6 weeks and she started not sleeping at night and being really unsettled to the point DH and I were not coping at all - luckily my mum was here at the time. At the time i didnt realize it was a time for a developmental leap and if we had maybe it would have been easier to get thru etc. I'm hoping Ill be able to stay on top of it all this time around but in a sleep deprived state i dont know how ill do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So tired

Earthangel - I know quite a few women who found the birth and their lack of control very stressful and wished they'd gone in more prepared. Others say they went in somewhat prepared and were out of their depth anyway. I don't know what to expect but I do know I expect not to be pushed around or worse yet rushed because I don't fit their busy schedule. You are right though the less stressed you are during the birth the quicker you'll be able to bond with the baby, makes sense really. Now to work on being a relaxed person

JetGirl - personally I wish DH could help me out for the first 3 months! But hopefully I'll start to get the hang of it after a few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven’t been on here for ages, although I have been following each of your pregnancies, your purchases and your bubs and its good to see all is going well besides the normal aches and pains that go with pregnancy. I am over this heat though and glad its been raining most of this week. Gone are the days I hated rain as my hair will go frizzy.

Things with bubs are all good, finally feeling some proper kicking this week I was getting worried as it wasn’t too clear before.

Although the only concerning thing at the moment is during my 20 week scan just before Christmas they picked up that bubs has one Kidney with Renal pyelectasis (minor dilatation (widening) of the entrance of the kidneys. They assure me its common and may correct itself but fingers crossed it does although its makes me a bit more nervous.

The other day I had my G/D blood test and then I had to go on a high carb diet for 3 days and spent 3 hours this morning where they do another test and take your blood every 3 hours. I do have a feeling I have it (G/D) as both my sisters have had it with both their pregnancies so I’m prepared for the pin pricking at each meal but fingers crossed I don’t have it. I'll find out next week.

Some of you girls mentioned your DH and leave. My DH its taking a month annual leave and some stage during the year he gets 3 months parental leave. I will gradually go back to work but thankfully I can work from home and don’t need to go into the office. I don't want to miss a thing with my bubba.

I agree with you about people giving unwanted advice especially horror stories about the birth, I get scared so easily and would rather just deal with it and not freak myself out. I’m thinking I definitely would like to take the Epidural to assist and am open if a ceasars required but would prefer natural if I can.

So far I’ve put on 7kg’s this pregnancy and still 14 weeks to go. I think at the start I had already put on 5 kgs due to the rigmarole of IVF and OHSS etc. My Ob checked bub’s weight this week and he weighs 824 grams. Can’t wait to meet him….oops I can slip up here can’t I yes we’re having a boy. We have kept it a surprise from family and friends. Funny though everyone’s guessing I’m having a girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wishing - nice to see you back on here! Hope it's all good news re the GD - I still haven't done my test yet (and I'm 29 weeks!) but I plan to do it tomorrow!

Thanks for that link EarthAngel - I will definately take a look.

AFM - Just got back from the OB and got to see my little princess again. She is head down with her spine on my left and arms and legs on my right.

He is concerned that my labour will be very fast due to my history of quick births. So he has recommended that once bubs head is engaged he induce me so I don't get caught out giving birth on the floor at home or the side of the road! I don't have any family in Sydney and my DH works an hour away so I guess it makes sense. It all seems very real now when he is talking about inductions etc