Closed Thread
Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Nikki you made me laugh I nearly put my dirty laundry in the toilet instead of the basket yesterday!!! This is great, I feel so much better now everybody else is doing the same crazy stuff!! And yep that's the friend. I felt bad cos I didn't stay to chat but she was feeding the baby and I was so tired I felt it would be unsafe to drive home any later (it was 830pm) in my current clumsy state!
    I was around 77kg I think when I got UTD (although I wrote 74 on the OB form cos I hadn't a clue, which in hindsight was DUMB!), probably about 5 kg overweight. Last time I was at the OB I was 83 so I'm dreading getting weighed next Monday which is my next visit!!!
    Last edited by JetGirl; 01-02-2010 at 11:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Nikki you made me laugh I nearly put my dirty laundry in the toilet instead of the basket yesterday!!! This is great, I feel so much better now everybody else is doing the same crazy stuff!! And yep that's the friend. I felt bad cos I didn't stay to chat but she was feeding the baby and I was so tired I felt it would be unsafe to drive home any later (it was 830pm) in my current clumsy state!
    I was around 77kg I think when I got UTD (although apparently I wrote 74 on the OB form cos I hadn't a clue, which in hindsight was DUMB!), probably about 5 kg overweight. Last time I was at the OB I was 85.7 so I'm dreading getting weighed next Monday which is my next visit!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - so you've only put on 6kg not 9kg like the OB thinks, well at least you know you are not putting it on as fast as he thinks. I didn't have to write down a weight, they weighed me at the start and used that as the baseline so I couldn't lie, I was so nervous when they weighed me at the start, not sure why but I get the feeling medical people are always clucking that you are doing something wrong.

I went to the GP the other day about dizzy spells and he asked if I drink enough water, I said I do, which I do. I drink at least 3litres a day and he straight out said that I was lying. DH was there and couldn't believe he wouldn't believe me. He kept say, make sure you put a bottle of water on your desk at work, and I kept say, "I do, it's a 1.5litre bottle and I fill it at least twice a day". He wasn't having any of it though and it riled me up to no end. Why ask the question if he won't believe the answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Nikki that is terrible about your GP!!! What a meanie!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah wel all I can do is keep drinking my water. I have my glucose test on Friday then we'll see what that says. I hope I pass that test because if my body is not coping with insulin levels then that is going to make me have to rethink my whole diet and I've only just sussed it out as it is...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nikki - I am only pretty short and was around 56kg when I found out I was pregnant... so I've put on about 7-8kg now which my OB seems to think is quite a lot but I reckon I'm doing well considering I put on 20kg with both my 2 boys!

Oh and never mind your GP - I hate it when they think you're lying... why would you lie about how much water you drink? Crazy!

Jetgirl - that's funny about almost putting your washing in the toilet... probably the worst thing I did was spray my hair with deodorant (thinking it was the hairspray) luckily it was the "crystal" variety so it didn't leave white spray all over my hair!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone

Hope you all had a great weekend. We were quite busy and i didnt even manage to get on my computer once yesterday which is a new record LOL!!

Sarbear: I hope you're doing ok in the hospital and you have people who can come and entertain you - i find it gets soooo boring after awhile! Hope they manage to keep your BSL's under control and you can make it to your 37w cesear date

hopeful: Interesting that your mum had PE with you - did she with her other children? Are you aware of the signs and such yourself? It runs in families and is more common in a first pg so would be worth reading up on imo. I'm sorry to hear you're having some weird dreams about motherhood. I'm sure its just your bodies way of dealing with the anxiety it seems you have over it all. Im sure you will be just fine especially since you have your mum so close and able to call upon for help and the fact your DH has already had 3 kids. They will have a wealth of knowledge for you im sure

I too have had some bouts of baby brain but not nearly as bad as some of you *yet*!! I'm sure my time will come though! I remember it being really bad with dd and it doesnt seem to go away until you stop BFing from memory.

I have also been bordering on LBP this pg - which is so different to high BP I had with dd - mind you high BP doesnt usually start up until after 30wks so im still in a wait and see approach but hoping it doesnt come back this time. I too always thought high BP was more common in pg but actually read something quite recently that said LBP was just as common due to baby lying on certain vessels in the body which make your BP low. At least LBP is of no real concern to the baby like high BP is.

AFM: well i had my GTT this morning. 4.5hrs without eating is pure torture LOL! I'm still feeling a little off due to all the sugar i think. The drink itself wasnt as bad as last time but it was a clear fizzy drink that didnt taste a lot like anything. Last time it was yellow or green and was quite sweet. Did go out afterwards and buy our boy his little going home outfit which was exciting!

Good luck with your GD test on Friday nikki

Thanks
    Reviews
    EarthAngel how do you reckon you did in the test? Or can you tell?

Thanks
    Reviews
    aww girls. u are all so skinny compared to me lol. i haven't really had this clumsiness yet.. i am sure i will get it, lol.

EarthAngel75- my mum had HBP prior to her pregnancy with me. She had my two brothers at 17 and 21 and then me at 32. I was sick when I was born more due to her HBP meds than anything. I am vigilent in getting my BP checked as both mum and dad have high BP so I used to check it even before pregnancy.. its never been low but its not high enough to be a cause for concern for my gp. I am aware that I may get it as pregnancy continues but I refuse to stress about it before the issue as that will make it worse- doctors are trained to deal with these kinda things so I am sure I will be fine either way.
    Hope you get good results on your GD test.. i am still confused as to what the carb loading does??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earthangel - hope you passed with flying colours! I was told to have a normal breakfast, come in after 8am and then drink the liquid, wait an hour and do the test. I don't have to fast

hopeful - I would not consider myself skinny, my friend called me festively plump the other day (in a pregnancy way she added) She doesn't have a mean spirited bone in her body though so I know she meant it lovingly.

Has anyone removed their rings yet, I think I might need to put away my wedding ring soon, it's starting to leave a mark by the end of the day and I don't want it getting stuck on there either.