Closed Thread
Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ally - deep down I know that both cooking and sex will be the last thing on my mind, even DH acknowledges this and told me the other day that he'd be happy with some hugs. In saying that, I think it's really hard to know what you're in for until you are there. No matter how hard I try and imagine it I can't. I've forewarned DH that I may be a little bit preoccupied to tend to his needs, but he is fairly easy going, luckily.

These days even if I'm in the mood I feel so heavy, it all seems like too much effort... I am really starting to feel pregnant now. I am so hot today, incredibly hot and my feet and fingers are swollen. Pregnant in the height of summer, people warned me I'd be uncomfortable and yet I didn't believe them, not really I want a pool in the backyard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess as long as we keep in mind that we need to not forget about DH, that will help... Even just setting aside 5 minutes when he comes home, to let him vent about work or something... One issue I know I will have is getting the sh&ts if he comes home with no interest in an adult conversation after I've been doing baby talk all day!!
    Nikki I'm also finding it harder lately. So tired all the time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well finally back in the school/preschool routine so I might get some more time to read through all the posts on this thread!

I'm starting to feel really really heavy and very tired all the time... I went to a wedding on Saturday and just the effort of standing around and talking to everyone (and not being able to drink) exhausted me! I find I can't stand for long periods of time anymore or I feel like I'm going to pass out. I think I may have the low blood pressure that some of you girls mentioned also!

Ok, off to get my little boys ready and then home to relax

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Girls

Lilyj- good luck getting your boys off and look forward to more chatty time

jetgirl/nikki/ally- i have not really thought bout DH but i guess he is kinda used to it, having three kiddies already lol. But with saying that, we haven't had sex in a little bit so I think i will try and muster up some effort tonight lol- that sounds awful hey?? i know with my dh, its definetely food and sex that makes him happy. In that order, lol.

Soo.. i feel like being a real sookie lala this morning. I slept badly and woke up at 5am after a STUPID nightmare in which the baby was a doll- again lol- and I couldn't find her! Then I found her on the floor with no clothes on! Then I was running late for work and so I left her home alone and DH and I went to work! God it was upsetting and stupid. Then it trigged to me, in my dream, whilst at work, to go on maternity leave.. duh. Then I woke up. STUPID stupid. Am I scared that I am not going to know what to do with a baby, how to look after one??
    Then I get to work.. feelin' quesy.. to the aircon not working (mind u, its not hot outside but the building has been closed up all weekend and is stuffy) and the ladies toilets smell like sewerage YAY..

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh but one good thing lol- i have a VERY active baby this morning kinda making me feel more quesy lol but i don't care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ew Hopeful that is nasty about the aircon!! Poor you with the dreams. You'll be FINE and you know you will be fine
    LillyJ I know what you mean about that wedding you went to. I piked on my nephews birthday yesterday & DH went on his own. I was just soooooooooooo tired, had heaps to do and knew I couldn't handle standing or sitting around chatting when all I wanted to do was get the housework done so I could have a nap...
    Went to Ikea on Sat morning which nearly killed me 2 hours! Got heaps of stuf including the shelves that match the wardrobe so then we had to completely rearrange the nursery and I don't know if I like it or not... I should work out how to put up some pics...

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl / Lily - I am feeling more heavy these days, I feel heavier just over the last few days then I stepped on the scales and realised I had put on about half a kilo in a week and when I tried to put my pants on that fit me last week no problems they won't even come close to doing up, so I must have had a growth spurt. No wonder I suddenly feel clumsy and big.

Hopeful - you'll be a great mum, just the fact that you wonder if you'll be a good mum tells me that you will. Neglectful parents generally don't worry about these things. I think angst is normal, it's your mind's way of preparing for a big change, trying to understand how your life will change. I try and think about it, really try and understand how my life will change in three months but I think it's just too hard to imagine that the world is about to welcome a whole new person, a person who will call you mum for the rest of their lives. It's surreal.

The rains are easing I can do my washing
    Last edited by nikki08; 01-02-2010 at 10:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for the washing Nikki
    OMG speaking of clumsy - I took a tub of lasagne round to my friend whose baby has leukaemia, and I DROPPED IT between the car and the hospital, after I got lost on the way. Could not believe it. Tears started but I figured that would not help her so managed to pull myself together and save half the (now scrambled) lasagne. Got lost again on the way home - luckily DH was there to give me a hug and the tennis was on to distract me. This morning when I got up I staggered a few steps! What is going ON with me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful - I hope the air con got sorted, nothing worse than a stuffy workplace!

Nikki - don't worry about the 1/2 kilo growth spurt.... I seem to put on at least that every week now. When I left for Coffs Harbour I was 61kg - when I came back 7 days later I was 63! Oops - I think some of that was due to holiday binge eating though

Jetgirl - I am super clumsy at the moment too. I drop everything, spill drinks everwhere and run into things! I can't think straight and have nearly had about 4 car accidents because I just don't seem to notice other cars anymore

Thanks
    Reviews
    JetGirl - not only am I clumsy I am also a bird brain at the moment. I nearly put my new laptop in the sink to wash it, put the milk in the cupboard and sprayed an empty tub with canola (the food was already on the grill). My absent mindedness is even being noticed by DH who just calls me baby brain now. I walk out of the room on a mission then forget where I am going, I get very easily distracted and every time I pass the nursery I stop and just stare at it looking all gooey

Is that the friend you were talking about the other day? It's very nice of you to help her out with a lasagne, it's always nice to know people are thinking of you when you going through hard times. I'm sure she appreciates it.

Lily - you are still 10kg lighter than me! I was about 70kg when I fell pregnant (ideal for me would be between 65 - 72), now I'm 76kg.